What's new

Shave Roulette

0948- haslinger, plisson access, fatboy at 3, and a feather (3).

Great face lather with a good scritch. Still trying to dial in (pun intended) the FB. I bounce back and forth between 3 and 4. Kept this shave to the neck and cheeks. A marvelous three pass BBS with no weepers or alum bite.

Looking forward to the next shave...

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Gentleman's Nod ~ Jackie
Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)

Had a great shave, as already expected. Fatip hit the ball out of the park with the FOCS. The BIC was a great compagnon, too.

20201109_221811-01.jpeg

9117 is R400, Williams soap, Feather SS, clean-up with the Hybrid Tech. I can think of a lot worse shaves than that.

Looking forward to providing the numbers starting tomorrow, gents. Enjoy your shaves!

9117 => Omega Eucalyptus, Semogue 1250, Fatip Piccolo Mk1, BIC Chrome Plat

This should help with my cunning plan to use up my old soaps.

Looking forward to have a nice shave with 9117 as well...

Brush: Thäter 4125/2 2-Band Silvertip Badger Imperial Red 26 Fan Rounded
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Mountain Man
Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Feather (2)

Today’s shave with the Schick Type A was excellent:
3D5D7E0A-84E1-44C0-97F8-F725216C8615.jpeg

Looking forward to tomorrow’s with the Stick Schick (L2). It’ll be a 4-pass with that one.
C8441716-F10C-422F-B8BD-3F4E705DD1CF.jpeg

Least favorite brush ...... but at least it works well sometimes with this cream so I’m hopeful.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Changing my bid to include my newly acquired soap samples. And for now I'm just playing for soaps.

Soap (digit 1 and 2, ÷ 4)
0 Lather & Wood bay rum
1 SV Opuntia
2 TBS maca root
3 GFT sandalwood
4 GFT GFT
5 GFT Spanish leather
6 GFT coconut
7 GFT eucris
8 GFT almond
9 GFT rose
10 SJoL lavender and geranium
11 SJoL sandalwool and bergamont
12 SJoL black pepper and lime
13 SJoL cedar and sage
14 SV 70th
15 SV Cosmo
16 SV Cubebe
17 SV Desert Vetiver
18 SV Dolomiti
19 SV Felce Aromatica
20 SV Manna di Sicilia
21 SV Mirto di Sardegna
22 SV Stella Alpina
23 SV Tundra Arctica
24 CF lime

Last edited:

Eben Stone

Staff member
9117 => SV Stella Alpina (only playing for soaps this week). From my newly acquired soap samplers. Even if I don't like the scent I know the performance will be awesome. Can't wait for tomorrow's morning shave...

Changing my bid to include my newly acquired soap samples. And for now I'm just playing for soaps.

Soap (digit 1 and 2, ÷ 4)...
Do you mean Soap (digit 1 and 2, modulo (25))? This gives you the remainder of a two-digit integer (0-99) after integer division by 25.

Looking forward to have a nice shave with 9117 as well...

Brush: Thäter 4125/2 2-Band Silvertip Badger Imperial Red 26 Fan Rounded
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Mountain Man
Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Feather (2)

Indeed, a nice shave. Unfortunately I cannot get a decent third shave out of the Feather, so I binned the blade. At least the first two shaves are splendid.

I will publish a new setup of stuff later today.
20201110_231152-01.jpeg

Updating my bet. Taking C&E West Indian Lime off for newly acquired AoS Peppermint.

Soap/CreamBrushRazorBlade
0Haslinger SchafmilchMaggard 2 band 24mmStar DEFeather
1Proraso Red creamOmega 48Gillette SenatorKai
2AoS Lavender soapFrank travel badgerGillette Pre-War TechFeather
3AoS PeppermintEverReady 100LGillette Super SpeedKai
4BarbonPlisson AccessGillette Fat BoyFeather
5PalmoliveMaggard 2 band 24mmGillette Slim AdjustableKai
6Arko stickOmega 48Merkur 34CFeather
7MdC FougereFrank travel badgerStar DEKai
8AoS Bergamot NeroliEverReady 100LGillette SenatorFeather
9Proraso Green creamPlisson AccessGillette Pre-War TechKai

OK, gentlemen, before I give you today's spin, I want to report my shave from this morning, based on yesterday's spin. Rubberset R400 (a workhorse brush), my tweaked Williams (love it!), the Feather SS (my favorite razor!), and for clean up the elusive Hybrid Tech with a fresh blade. Needless to say, I had a fantastic shave this morning.

I find it interesting that in all this time I have been playing, the random number generator has yet to pick my Pils or my iKon S3S for the clean-up razor. They have got to pop up at some time, but not today. (I am not shaving tomorrow, so today's roll doesn't affect me).

So, without further adieu, here is today's spin:

Enjoy your shaves!

XXXX => Fine Santal Absolut, VL Horse, German 37, KAI

That is the makings of a great shave.

I've noticed some of my choices have not been selected, also, though most of them have. True randomness sometimes does not look random to us, as creatures who try to find patterns in everything. Give it some time, the others should come up.

*This Neil deGrasse Tyson moment has been brought to you by our sponsors. We now return to your regularly scheduled program.

The Bolzano is another "new to me" blade. I do hope that they are less dull than the Treet Platinums. However my trustworthy yet grungy Slim will be the razor for another blade debut.
Tempting...

Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Proraso ~ Azur Limes SC
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1)

Last edited:
Top Bottom