What's new

Shave Roulette

Here is the SPIN for Thursday, JAN 28:
spin-2.png

17E4C772-AC16-40BF-95FD-E4FCD2C0E11D.jpeg

2996 meant a return of Proraso Blue cream and the reknotted UK Gillette handle. Outstanding lather. It also meant a return of the Gem razor last seen eating my face awhile back. Quick strop of the blade on my palm today before shaving. And it was flawless.

Axe Marine only showed up in the US because a discount store had it for some reason. It makes me a little sad that I will never have another bottle of this, because it is nice. Very mature scent. Great shave today.

20210129_102817.jpg

9503:
Brush: Thäter 4125/2 2-band Silvertip Badger Imperial Red 26 Fan Rounded
Soap: Barrister and Mann ~ Nordost
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS.

I'm always amazed when I shave with the SLOC. It's like shaving on autopilot. It's feels smooth on the skin yet it's efficient enough to always achive bbs within three passes with absolutely no efforts (or skin irritation). I love the slim design of the head, its perfectly suited for the crucial area under my nose... great spin.

0564:

20210130_152118.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band finest badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann ~ Nordost
Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (9)

Nothing to complain today, just a relaxed shave (almost bbs). Enjoy your weekend!

0564 ? That was an excellent spin, well, 3/4 of it anyway. Williams soap, my 2-band badger in the vintage butterscotch handle, and my FOCS. This created a shave with lots of cushiony lather that I didn't even feel any blade, but had a 3-pass BBS. Really great today. Could not use the called-for VIBR after shave though, because we had company coming, so I needed to smell like myself. I used Gillette Cool Wave.

No time for a photo, I only had fifteen minutes for a shower and shave today before the guests arrived.

1975:
20210131_102419.jpg

Brush: Omega 10108
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Triumph
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Gillette 7 o' clock Sharp Edge (7)

Gents, after three months of continous participating in the shave roulette I have decided to take a break, since I will take part in the "one blade in February" event. I have no clue if I will make it through the month with the designated candidate, a chinese made Gillette Wilkinson, however I most likely will have to start with milder razors and then switch to more efficient ones in course of the month (whenever needed).
However, whenever you are in need of a croupier please don't hesitate to reach out for me. Happy spins!

0564 was the first time since I've been participating that the random spin chose the same soap and the same main razor as my last shave. Clean-up DE was the Shavecraft 101, and the brush was different, but otherwise this was the same shave as my last. Both excellent shaves, but this time I got a little bit of irritation on a small spot on the left side of my neck. It is a spot where I have occasionally had irritation before, so nothing new, although it has been a while since I had any irritation there.
No matter, it was gone in a matter of about half an hour.
Otherwise, really nice shave.

I've had a fun month so far. I am playing a highly suspect version of this game since I am doing Soap of the Month Club and the one blade in Feb Challenge. I have shifted around my bets for my razors as well and am enjoying getting to use some of the gear I have neglected recently. Thanks again to everyone who takes part, I enjoy hearing all of the tales of joy, woe, and indifference.

I've had a fun month so far. I am playing a highly suspect version of this game since I am doing Soap of the Month Club and the one blade in Feb Challenge. I have shifted around my bets for my razors as well and am enjoying getting to use some of the gear I have neglected recently. Thanks again to everyone who takes part, I enjoy hearing all of the tales of joy, woe, and indifference.
We have allowed a fair bit of latitude to everybody. After all, it's just for fun. For me, it has allowed me to get some face time with some razors that I had long neglected. It is also doing a good job of spreading around my soaps/software experience.

Eben Stone

Staff member
I know I've been on hiatus lately. I still have 13 varieties of blades to test with my Ikon Tek, but I've put that on hold to participate in the one blade February challenge. I miss this game. I'd like to use the shave roulette to choose my soaps this month. Maybe I can clear out some of my samplers...

I know I've been on hiatus lately. I still have 13 varieties of blades to test with my Ikon Tek, but I've put that on hold to participate in the one blade February challenge. I miss this game. I'd like to use the shave roulette to choose my soaps this month. Maybe I can clear out some of my samplers...
Please join in. It's totally up to you what the spin controls. Not just that, we are going to be needing more croupiers soon.
:laugh:

Top Bottom