What's new

Shave Revolution 24mm Manchurian

I haven't seen much here, or anywhere for that matter, about the new blue brushes from Shave Revolution. I took a flyer and ordered the manchurian version and to my great pleasure it is pretty darn amazing especially at this price point. Dare I say a Goldilocks brush?

I've contemplated many times obtaining a manchurian-ish brush from the likes of Paladin, Wiborg, M&F, Simpson or a Shavemac D01 two band, but now I wonder if that kind of expense is just fools gold or pur
e folly?

To the brush at hand;

the handle is similar to a Shavemac 177 in a beautiful blue marble effect and finished very nicely with the Shave Revolution logo engraved on the bottom then painted white.

The manchurian 24 mm knot is nice and symmetrical fan shape, and set at 48 mm is a perfect face latherer. the tips are the whitest of any brush I own. Softness, possibly gel like tips, is easily on par with my big T&H/Rooney silvertip but the back bone is significantly better, more on Par with the TGN Grade A Silvertip.

The brush is a lathering beast with good flow through and holds ample suds for multiple passes.

Here are some pics comparing it with some we'll know brushes.

First with the T&H/Rooney 1/3 26mm silvertip.

Second with a Semogue SOC two band.

Third a Semogue 830.

Fourth a new Maggard 24mm synthetic.

And lastly my previous Goldilocks brush, a Wolf Whiskers Little Johnny with a 24mm TGN Grade A Silvertip.

Attachments

• $SRM 1.jpg
    $SRM 1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 190
  • $SRM2.jpg
    $SRM2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 191
  • $SRM3.jpg
    $SRM3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 188
  • $SRM4.jpg
    $SRM4.jpg