What's new

Shave report from the Captain's PIF

So @Captain Pre-Capsize was generous enough to post this PIF, and I happened to be chosen as the winner. GIVEAWAY! - Pictures - Free DE razor PIF - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/pictures-free-de-razor-pif.626583/#post-11833315. The Captain was also kind enough to throw in a Captain's Choice Eucalyptus shaving soap sample and a Captain's Choice Lime aftershave sample.

Here's a shave report after the first run.

Schick Blade #3, Shave #1 - From the Old Friend PIF
Razor: 34c clone
Cream: Captain's Choice Eucalyptus shaving soal
Brush: Cheap no-name off of Amazon
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Lime aftershave

The razor was VERY mild - even moreso than my beloved Henson AL13 Mild. It reminds me a lot of a post-war Gillette Tech in that it seems to have a very small window of effectiveness. It wasn't a bad shave by any means, but it will likely take a few shaves to find the effective angle. You would literally have to try to cut yourself with this razor to do so. The soap lathered up very easily and the smell was quite pleasant. The aftershave as well was nice while not being overpowering (which I like). So all in all, a very pleasant experience, and I thank the Captain for allowing me to try these items. I really enjoy trying new razors so I look forward to giving it a few more runs and seeing how it goes. Again, for someone new to DE shaving, it could be a great razor to learn on while not risking a blood bath. :)

Top Bottom