What's new

shave prep

woodbane said:
Quite right Randy, quite right, glad to see someone is keeping us rowdy members in our place!:tongue:

Actually, I can follow up to the actual content of the thread with my observations from this mornings shave vs yesterdays shave.

The only difference: This morning I washed my face with soap before my usual hot towel on face routine. I currently have a nasty sty on my right eye which I put some ointment on last night and I wanted to get this off before shaving today. (Seriously though, I hate having a sty, it makes me look quite deranged and scary, as well as being hellishly uncomfortable:cursing: )

Usually I don't wash my face with soap in the morning, I use the hot flannel and hot water soak on the face. I figure that the whole shaving process gets my face pretty clean anyhow.

My observations: Yesterdays shave was far superior to todays. Yesterday the razor just glided effortlessly over my face and left me very smooth and no irritation at all. Today the razor just seemed to feel rougher and I got a couple of tiny weepers. The blade was new yesterday so only had one shave on it today, Swedish Gillette in a Merkur Long Handle Classic in case you're interested.

I guess it possibly could have been cream choice, yesterday was proraso, today was Taylors Avocado - but both are well known for having excellent moisturizing lather and my lathering technique is now pretty darn good (if I don't say so myself:biggrin: ).

So, there you have the results of my highly unscientific observations. Could be something, could be nothing. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to my usual routine tomorrow and see what happens.
Excellent! Now, whenever you would like to borrow the barber's manual for a read, just let me know.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Kyle, what was that, something about an interesting read of the Barbe................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:sleep1:

woodbane said:
Sorry Kyle, what was that, something about an interesting read of the Barbe................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:sleep1:

Andy,

If you don't have a Barber's Manual...well...shame on you!

Randy

Kyle said:
Does it come with a M3?:biggrin:

Bwahahahahahaahhahahha! An M3? Not likely son, more like a BIC disposable with instructions to use it at least 20 times before dismantling and replacing the blade.:biggrin:

Top Bottom