What's new

Shave or shower first?

I was always a shower first guy, then shave. I am not a morning s##ter.

However, recently, I found that a rub around with warm water on my face, from my hands, then shaving and finally showering, leaves my skin feeling better. Reason being that I like a long hot shower which probably makes my face very soft and liable to get more damaged by shaving. Better is a good long shower after shaving to clean up my skin.

I was always a shower first guy, then shave. I am not a morning s##ter.

However, recently, I found that a rub around with warm water on my face, from my hands, then shaving and finally showering, leaves my skin feeling better. Reason being that I like a long hot shower which probably makes my face very soft and liable to get more damaged by shaving. Better is a good long shower after shaving to clean up my skin.

Interesting point.. I've tried that this morning. Will see how things look and feel later. I'll put it up on the new journal I started the other day

I am with Mike. I seem to say that a lot. He must be a man of incredible intellect and handsome, rugged good looks!

I've showered first and shaved first; It doesn't seem to make much difference in shave quality. I wash and rinse my face and apply lather to a dripping wet face; Rinsing again before each pass.

You have to take care of business first then shower to soften the whiskers and then shave on! After all, it is all about that shave! 😄 Tim

I'm a woodworker so I shave and shower in the evenings. I always shower first then shave.

The shower does a great job at prepping my face for shaving. I find the shave is a lot more rough if I didn't shower. Plus I don't think you get anymore clean by showing after since your lather is soap anyway just rinse it off and it's the same as washing your face lol.

I am not a morning person so for me shave is replaced with "sleep". I shave in the evenings and to replace the shower I start with a hot towel on my face for a few minutes to soften things up. I find shaving in the evening has given me something to look forward to, selecting the recipe for the days shave. Also it is very relaxing and helps wind down a bit from a busy day.

I've showered first and shaved first; It doesn't seem to make much difference in shave quality. I wash and rinse my face and apply lather to a dripping wet face; Rinsing again before each pass.

+1. So I usually shave before showering.

I always shower first. Not for any real practical purposes, there's just a feeling of "washing away" the shave somehow if I shower after, and I like to wear it for a while.

Top Bottom