Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

Brush: RV Mozingo ZT4 24mm
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Large Copper Bowl 🍚
Soap: Grooming Department Jasmine & Civet Kairos
Razor: Ti WR2 SB 1.35 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Lavender Skin Food Splash 💦

7C891411-3BB2-4C86-A9D8-E8815180F82D.jpeg

The final decision for the week has been made!

12_18 SWS.jpg

SOC cherry wood boar
Blackland Ti Vector on workdays, of which I have 4 this week
Fatip Gentile for nonworking days, of which today is the first
Kai Captain blade (new to me) for the Vector
NOS Personna platinum chrome (Rite Aid branded) for the Gentile
Canada Shaving soap

Brush: Simpson’s Duke 3, 2 Band Silvertip, great little brush
Blade: Feather 🪶 (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Large Copper Bowl 🍚
Soap: Grooming Department Jasmine & Civet Kairos
Razor: Ti WR2 SB 1.35 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Lavender Skin Food Splash 💦

604353C0-0776-45C4-8D46-FFF41B8B3E31.jpeg

Doug

GRUME 💪
Decem🐽🐷🐖 the 19th
SWS

PXL_20221218_230904876_1b.jpg

Rockwell 6S, R4 plate (with E. Jagger D89 handle)
Nacet (7)
Semogue 830
Stirling Scots Pine Sheep

Good Day Gents

Take a look at the density and split-ends on this brush! It is very soft and splays as well as any fine badger or synthetic brush.
This BOARing month is a good opportunity to put all my boars through boot camp. There is still one small Omego 13564 that I haven't shaved with but with daily wet/dry/scrub workouts, I will use it soon.

I have some news. I entered the BBS realm today. I had to shave ATG under my chin and slide XTG on one spot on my neck. The most important lesson I have learned recently is skin tightening just enough to keep my skin taunt.

I have used this soap for three days and may have a slight reaction to some ingredient. I will change my Shave of the Week (SWS) soap tomorrow for that reason. The razor and blade will stay the same.

Please take care of yourself and each other.
John

GRUME 💪
Decem🐽🐷🐖 the 19th
SWS

PXL_20221218_230904876_1b.jpg

Rockwell 6S, R4 plate (with E. Jagger D89 handle)
Nacet (7)
Semogue 830
Stirling Scots Pine Sheep

Good Day Gents

Take a look at the density and split-ends on this brush! It is very soft and splays as well as any fine badger or synthetic brush.
This BOARing month is a good opportunity to put all my boars through boot camp. There is still one small Omego 13564 that I haven't shaved with but with daily wet/dry/scrub workouts, I will use it soon.

I have some news. I entered the BBS realm today. I had to shave ATG under my chin and slide XTG on one spot on my neck. The most important lesson I have learned recently is skin tightening just enough to keep my skin taunt.

I have used this soap for three days and may have a slight reaction to some ingredient. I will change my Shave of the Week (SWS) soap tomorrow for that reason. The razor and blade will stay the same.

Please take care of yourself and each other.
John
Another reason to pick a boar and use it for extended periods -- split ends. Makes for a very soft brush. You just wont get that effect with a daily rotation.

GRUME...Still 💪
DecemBOAR
SWS

PXL_20221220_153241274.jpg

Rockwell 6S, R4 plate with E. Jagger handle
Omega 81054
Proraso Single Blade Azur Lime
Facon Half DE blade shavette (not in picture)

The weather is about to get cold! The forecast for Thursday night is 12 degrees Fahrenheit. In Louisiana that is considered very cold!

Today I switched to the Proraso cream. The scent is tart, fruity and enjoyable. If anyone wants to 3017 their soaps and creams stay with boar brushes. I added extra cream in a bowl but I had to add even more just for the first pass. At the end of the shave, I tried to squeeze any remaining lather in a small trash liner and none came out.

I had a DFS+ result but was not ready to shave ATG on the upper side of my moustache. I also used a half DE blade shavette to get a feel for using a straight style razor. I know it is different than using a real straight edge and I didn't get very far but at least I didn't cut or irritate my skin.

Special Note: I want to remain in GRUME (and I will for the remainder of the year) but we are encouraged to trade items with other shavers- just not make a personal shaving purchase...
I want to know if anyone has a Japanese Kamisori shavette (preferably a Kai Kasho Captain or Feather SS) that uses disposable Artist Club blades that would be willing to make a trade; if so please send me a PM.

Fellow SWS clan, I switched soaps for the remainder of the week due to possible soap irritation issues.

Please take care of yourself and each other...Onward!

My setup for next week...
Karve 'Christopher Bradley' OC D-plate
Personna Platinum Chrome
Col. Conk 'Bay Rum'
RV Shaving 2022 B&B Contributor Brush

20221223_224427.jpg

I have a preference for fan-shaped brush knots, but this 26mm Shavemac bulb is really starting to grow on me. I've also read some badger brushes can take from twenty to thirty uses to break-in, so this could very well be the week the magic happens.

I wish you all peace and joy during these and future times. Give someone a hug and you may discover it's something you both need. Be well and stay safe...

Merey Christmass to all and happy holidays
This week I'll switch it a bit with TOBS Royal Forest
So far I've compared Nacet and KCG. KCG is good but Nacet is sharper, smoother and lasts longer, they are not same blade.
This week I'll use Permasharp
IMG_20221227_003559.jpg

This week shave:
Simpson T3
TOBS Forest
EJ3One6
Permasharp
Nivea Deep
IMG_20221227_003613.jpg

These are my TOBS creams in travell kinder surprise containers, this way I can bring different flavours without the bulk.
Left to right:
TOBS Forest
TOBS Lavander
TOBS Tobacco
TOBS Pepermint
TOBS Sandalwood

Merey Christmass to all and happy holidays
This week I'll switch it a bit with TOBS Royal Forest
So far I've compared Nacet and KCG. KCG is good but Nacet is sharper, smoother and lasts longer, they are not same blade.
This week I'll use Permasharp
View attachment 1577913
This week shave:
Simpson T3
TOBS Forest
EJ3One6
Permasharp
Nivea Deep
View attachment 1577916
These are my TOBS creams in travell kinder surprise containers, this way I can bring different flavours without the bulk.
Left to right:
TOBS Forest
TOBS Lavander
TOBS Tobacco
TOBS Pepermint
TOBS Sandalwood
That's a neat idea for a short trip travel soap container, thanks for sharing. 😊

I am tinkering with the idea of loosening up my "fixed four" for the week, but still wanting to keep some regularity. Maybe 2 razors, one for workdays and the other for days off. And maybe changing my brush once or twice a week. But to stay in the spirit of the law, I would probably pick these ahead of time. One thing I really like about SWS is that my kit is set and there is not standing and staring when time is of the essence!

Top Bottom