Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

My setup for next week...
Gillette Tech (1961 G4)
Voskhod
Cella (kilo)
Omega Jade (011842) &
RV Shaving w/ Mühle STF

20221125_143012.jpg

I will start the week with the Jade simply because it's one of my favorite boars and it will be a while before I get back to them. I plan to begin the rotation of my Rudy Vey brushes on the 1st of December and will continue for the next several weeks. Good times ahead...

Be well and stay stay safe

This week went pretty well actually! Had amazing shave too!

I changed my razor for Vintage week, but I am keeping the rest similar as I want to bring the Proraso to at least 20 shaves like my other soaps.

Razor
Gillette Flat Bottom Tech
SoapProraso Green
BladeBolzano
BrushVarious in rotation

I will be teaming this razor with others as I also was digging the double razor usage last week.

Have a great shaving week!

Guido

Vintage Gillette Week!!

Here is my kit for the coming week starting Sunday:

Razor: Gillette Executive (my father's)
Blade: Gillette Sharp Edge
Brush: Vie-Long Horse
Soap: MWF
ASB: B&M Unscented
Wax: Groom
Hope everyone is well. Have a great week of Vintage Gillette Shaves!
20221126_102724.jpg

Shave of the week:
11-26 thru 12/2

Razor: Postwar USA no date Tech
Blade: Rapira Swedish supersteel
Brush: RR Keyhole 22mm
Soap: Mudder Focker(primary)
Stirling barbershop, bergamot lavender&Baker St(secondaries)

20221126_091002.jpg

Gonna change up my soap routine. Mudder Focker will be everyother day with a stirling sample mixed in on alternate days. The Baker St is still in its plastic wrap.
Jay

Sunday through Wednesday, then out come the boars!

11_27 SWS.jpg

Pre-War Tech, recently replated in nickel by Back Roads Gold
Mystic Water Soap Sensitive Skin
Personna Platinum Chrome (Germany)
Chalco chalice badger

Other badger brushes will be used up to Wednesday. Then either a Maggard Razors boar or the Semogue SOC will finish up the week.

This week set up, almost same as last week
Proraso Blue
Simpson Trafalgar T3
EJ 3One6
Rapira Lux
Nivea Men Protect & Care 2 in 1
I was not impressed with Rapira, it was not smooth, and not so sharp, but I got 6 shaves out of it and all were nick free. I'll try Rapira Lux now
So far my olan is to see how long tube of cream and AS will last with almost everyday shaves. And I want to se wich one will go first or they will go at the same time
IMG_20221118_033517.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221118_033517.jpg
    IMG_20221118_033517.jpg
    973 KB · Views: 1
Well my first week long set up was a success! Got acquainted with my recently acquired Era lvl 4SB. Yet to be seen if it’ll be a long term keeper or not, but the shaves were quite enjoyable, it was by no means an autopilot razor for me. I’ll for sure give it more time before a final decision is made on it though. Need to try it with a wider assortment of blades, and fresher blades too. It was fed with a number of blades with uses on them already. So not a fair initial shot. It did perform quite well though!

My setup for today, it was my plan to use this for the week, but I just got a package delivered today that is probably going to tempt me away before week’s end, picked up a nickel plated FaTip Grande! Also just placed an order with Tatara, so that’ll be interesting to run through those when they arrive. We’ll see though. Maybe I’ll stay strong!

One thing that may keep me using the G37 all week, is that it was such a good shave this morning! I forgot how smooth this razor was! Either way, it’s going to be a great week! 😁🤙

Razor: RR G37
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush: Rotation
A/S: Rotation
AAA6035D-DD6E-4FD8-B53C-CDE4B8DE6C63.jpeg

Last edited:
Well my first week long set up was a success! Got acquainted with my recently acquired Era lvl 4SB. Yet to be seen if it’ll be a long term keeper or not, but the shaves were quite enjoyable, it was by no means an autopilot razor for me. I’ll for sure give it more time before a final decision is made on it though. Need to try it with a wider assortment of blades, and fresher blades too. It was fed with a number of blades with uses on them already. So not a fair initial shot. It did perform quite well though!

My setup for today, it was my plan to use this for the week, but I just got a package delivered today that is probably going to tempt me away before week’s end, picked up a nickel plated FaTip Grande! Also just placed an order with Tatara, so that’ll be interesting to run through those when they arrive. We’ll see though. Maybe I’ll stay strong!

One thing that may keep me using the G37 all week, is that it was such a good shave this morning! I forgot how smooth this razor was! Either way, it’s going to be a great week! 😁🤙

Razor: RR G37
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush: Rotation
A/S: Rotation
View attachment 1563719
Partial failure this week. Haven’t shaved since Monday, so figured I’d give the Grande a shot. Soap and blade remained the same though! No idea what I’ll use for the rest of the week
C8B5CEB7-28E2-4E64-8C16-AFEC289E39DD.jpeg

My setup for next week...
Gillette Tech (1961 G4)
Voskhod
Cella (kilo)
Omega Jade (011842) &
RV Shaving w/ Mühle STF

View attachment 1562490

I will start the week with the Jade simply because it's one of my favorite boars and it will be a while before I get back to them. I plan to begin the rotation of my Rudy Vey brushes on the 1st of December and will continue for the next several weeks. Good times ahead...

Be well and stay stay safe
Oh. My. Goodness. I've had the Mühle STF brush for eight months and used it for the first time today. What was I waiting for?

I had planned to use a different RV Shaving brush next week, but I could easily use this one for the rest of the month. The 'Persian Jar' handle feels great in my hand and the STF bristles feel great on my face. This wonderful day began with a wonderful shave. This brush has a home forever and also just became my new travel brush.

Have a good shave today and a better one tomorrow

Last edited:
Top Bottom