What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

Trying out some ZAZA Supreme Stainless blades ..... so far, not impressed ..... Gillette Platinum for backup

proxy.php

Really enjoying the mixed badger/boar knot

Nice!

My week setup
ATT R1 & M2 plate rotation
Grooming dept (tallow) citric
Variety of badger brushes
GSB blades

Proraso green preshave
Osma alum block
Fine absolute santal or platinum AS
ABC apricot hull balm

This week .......

proxy.php

ZAZA blades washed out last week but the Gillette Platinum I used for backup was so delightful I’m sticking with them. Gonna check longevity because the one I switched to early last week lasted for the remainder. Usually I only get 2-4 shaves out of a blade.

Have a great week of shaves!

ATT R1 or M2 razor
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Simpson Duke 2 in best badger
GSB
Grooming Dept preshave
Osma alum
Fine aftershave and ABC balm

Cheers!

I am on the road this week, so I brought along a handful of samples (shave creams...mostly Truefitt and Hill) and a tube of Nivea Sensitive. My brush is a Wilkinson Sword boar and my razor is a Fat Handle Tech with Gillette Super Stainless blades. My ASB is a tube of L'Occitane Cade and some Nivea Sensitive ASB. Hope y'all have a great week of shaves.

This week similar to last as moving thru some software. Regardless it’s all enjoyable stuff for me. Happy shaves to everyone

ATT R1 kronos & M2 atlas rotation
Simpson Duke 2 in best
SV felce aromatica (4.3 version)
GSB or feather blades

Grooming dept preshave
Osma alum block for post
Stirling piacenza splash
ABC apricot hull balm

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
To better perfect my technique, I'm going ro limit my DE razor rotation for July to these three:
EJ DE89 RR HD Handle, Schone OC gold and RazoRock German 37 Slant HD handle.​
DSCF0008 - Edited (1).jpg

Last edited:
This week for me

ATT R1 & H2 plate rotation
Gillette 7OC yellow blade
SV felce aromatica soap
Grooming dept preshave
Duke 2 in best badger
Alum block
Stirling or fine AS
ABC balm

Hello all! I have been remiss in my SWS duties. Here is my Shave of the week set-up.
SWS 1.jpg

Hope y'all have a great week of shaves!

I, too, have been absent for a long time. I have pretty much settled on my Karve razor and stay with one soap for 10 days, as I am using only 3. Blades and brushes get changed up as I feel like it! Speaking of brushes, mine seem to have multiplied, so I will be selling some soon.

To commemorate the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 and all the guys who worked to get us to the moon, I will be using only razors like my '64 Slim that would have been common to those guys.

So, my Slim with a Gillette 7 O' clock super stainless (green), Yaqi Mysterious Space brush, and Shannon's Soap Nil (made in Ohio, home to more astronauts than most states!)

Eric; M, Karve Diem, BOSC

I, too, have been absent for a long time. I have pretty much settled on my Karve razor and stay with one soap for 10 days, as I am using only 3. Blades and brushes get changed up as I feel like it! Speaking of brushes, mine seem to have multiplied, so I will be selling some soon.

To commemorate the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 and all the guys who worked to get us to the moon, I will be using only razors like my '64 Slim that would have been common to those guys.

So, my Slim with a Gillette 7 O' clock super stainless (green), Yaqi Mysterious Space brush, and Shannon's Soap Nil (made in Ohio, home to more astronauts than most states!)

Eric; M, Karve Diem, BOSC
No worries. On some planets, one week has 10 days.

This week .......

proxy.php

ZAZA blades washed out last week but the Gillette Platinum I used for backup was so delightful I’m sticking with them. Gonna check longevity because the one I switched to early last week lasted for the remainder. Usually I only get 2-4 shaves out of a blade.
Today I tried.

Today I used a ZaZa platinum blade for the first time.It was the worse shave I have ever experienced.After 1 pass on one cheek I replaced the blade with anothet ZaZa platinum and it was just as bad.Previously I used the ZaZa stainless -cheaper blade and got an ok shave 3 passes just a passable shave.What a difference in quality between the two.

Top Bottom