What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

Time to resurrect this thread! Here is my fabulous shave kit for the coming week.
Pre: Proraso white
Razor: Schick Type G
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Lucky Tiger Shave Cream
Hope y'all have a great week.
20191005_113254_resized.jpg

Time to resurrect this thread!
Hello Rusty,
I haven't posted for ages because I currently miss at least one day between shaves (sometimes two and rarely three). This means that I don't really have a SOTW. However if there's no objection I'll stay in the Society - after all, I could start shaving every day again at some time in the future.

Hello Rusty,
I haven't posted for ages because I currently miss at least one day between shaves (sometimes two and rarely three). This means that I don't really have a SOTW. However if there's no objection I'll stay in the Society - after all, I could start shaving every day again at some time in the future.
You are always welcome. Don't worry about strict adherence to any rules. This is a flexible rule club...anything goes. Post whatever you like!

You are always welcome. Don't worry about strict adherence to any rules. This is a flexible rule club...anything goes. Post whatever you like!
Thanks Rusty!
Here's what I'm up to at the moment. Since the 25th of September I've been giving the Derby Usta a go for a total of 6 shaves. The first shave was in the Fatip Piccolo Special Edition (Original plate) - and in my view the blade was a little too sharp for that razor, leaving a few weepers. Subsequent shaves have been in the Rockwell 6c on R6 and were much better - one DFS, three high-end DFS and a BBS. The Usta really seems to have settled down and delivers a comfortable, smooth shave. It is now a favourite blade!

Thanks Rusty!
Here's what I'm up to at the moment. Since the 25th of September I've been giving the Derby Usta a go for a total of 6 shaves. The first shave was in the Fatip Piccolo Special Edition (Original plate) - and in my view the blade was a little too sharp for that razor, leaving a few weepers. Subsequent shaves have been in the Rockwell 6c on R6 and were much better - one DFS, three high-end DFS and a BBS. The Usta really seems to have settled down and delivers a comfortable, smooth shave. It is now a favourite blade!
Very interesting. I am a big fan of Derby blades. I enjoy the Derby Extra and Platinum. Both are fine blades. The Usta is a new one to me. I must pick some up and give them a try. I often find my first shave with any blade is a bit edgy, but most tend to settle down on the second and third shaves. Sounds like you have a winner there.

Tomorrow I start with a new kit for the coming week. A fine blend of products guaranteed to give seven excellent shaves. And this week I switch to a DE for the first time in months. I cant believe I am setting aside my trusted Type G!
Pre: Proraso white
Razor: Fendrihan closed comb DE
Blade: Derby Extra
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: T&H Ultimate Comfort
I hope y'all have a great week of shaves.
20191012_164303_resized.jpg

Time to bring the thread back to the first page!

This week:
Brass Karve, plate B safety bar
Battle Brothers blade (nice blades, I was gifted them along with an item in the Sue Moore auction)
SynBad brush, with a RazoRock BC Silvertip making an appearance late in the week!
Mystic Water Soaps Sensitive Skin

Hope you all have some great shaves!

Time to bring the thread back to the first page!

This week:
Brass Karve, plate B safety bar
Battle Brothers blade (nice blades, I was gifted them along with an item in the Sue Moore auction)
SynBad brush, with a RazoRock BC Silvertip making an appearance late in the week!
Mystic Water Soaps Sensitive Skin

Hope you all have some great shaves!
That's the spirit! I've been thinking of reviving this thread -- glad you took the initiative.

Thanksgiving week (US):

Karve razor, B & C safety bar plates
Nacet blade
SynBad brushes
Mike's Natural Soaps Unscented

All of which I am thankful to have!

My kit for the coming week starting Sunday:
Pre: Proraso white preshave
Soap: SV
Brush: Edwin Jagger synthetic
Razor: EJ 3one6, Astra SP blade
I hope y'all have a great week!
20191123_151216_resized_1.jpg

Here is my shave kit for the coming week starting Sunday (tomorrow). A fine lineup:
Pre: Proraso white preshave cream
Razor: EJ 3one6 with a Derby Premium blade
Brush: EJ synthetic
Soap: Class Edge Barbershop
20191128_150120_resized.jpg

I hope y'all have a great week of shaves!

My first SWS entry:

Razor: RR German 37
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: Parker Sandalwood
Brush: seven-day boar rotation

I've been pretty much sticking to a one-week setup for about a year, but I just found this group a few days ago. I've read through the posts and decided this may be a good place for me. Happy to contribute.

My first SWS entry:

I've been pretty much sticking to a one-week setup for about a year, but I just found this group a few days ago. I've read through the posts and decided this may be a good place for me. Happy to contribute.
Welcome! Glad to read your posts

Eric; M, Karve Diem, BOSC

Going back to a favorite razor and blade combo for the week.

Birth quarter Slim and an Israeli red blade
CBL Premium shave soap Granite (unscented)
Whatever brush I feel like using that morning!

Have a great week!

Eric; M, Karve Diem, BOSC

My first SWS entry:

Welcome! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

Top Bottom