What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

The Shark Super Chrome blade has done well on its first two outings. Yesterday it tackled 34 hours of whisker growth with ease, giving a nice result. Today I did a simple one and done shave since I shaved mid-afternoon and will shave again 15 hours from now for work tomorrow. So far, I think it's a decent blade. I plan to use it 2 or 3 more times before trying another from my "assorted" sample stash of blades!

The Shark Super Chrome blade has done well on its first two outings. Yesterday it tackled 34 hours of whisker growth with ease, giving a nice result. Today I did a simple one and done shave since I shaved mid-afternoon and will shave again 15 hours from now for work tomorrow. So far, I think it's a decent blade. I plan to use it 2 or 3 more times before trying another from my "assorted" sample stash of blades!
Now that's interesting, Mr Yooper.
I have not tried the Super Chrome but rather the Super Stainless. Sadly for me it wasn't all that Super.
It's pleasing to know that you're getting better luck with the Super Chrome. Please keep us informed as to how you progress with it. Happy shaving!

And so the new week is nearly upon us.
This week has been powered by a Gillette Platinum and a Gillette Silver Blue - great shaves!
The rest of the kit was Fatip Piccolo SE (Original plate), Arko, OMEGA S10083 S-Brush Pro, Nivea Sensitive Post-Shave Balm.
I'll be using different blades in the coming week - if anything else varies I'll post here.
Enjoy your shaves!

Now that's interesting, Mr Yooper.
I have not tried the Super Chrome but rather the Super Stainless. Sadly for me it wasn't all that Super.
It's pleasing to know that you're getting better luck with the Super Chrome. Please keep us informed as to how you progress with it. Happy shaving!
I had 4 great shaves. I have noticed that I seem to do well with chrome and platinum plated blades. Except for the much loved Astra SP blades. I have revisited that blade several times and can't get more than two decent shaves.

- Karve Diem, M. BOSC

Veterans Day (US) is November 11. Prior to 1950-something it was known as Armistice Day. It is also known as Remembrance Day.

The first few days of this week, my shaves will be in honor of all who served. I will use a Gillette fat handle Tech, a pre-War version (1936 - 1941 for production, if I recall). The blade will be from the veteran-owned Battle Brothers company.

Latter part of the week will most likely be the CB Karve. And the blade will be my first time using a Wilkinson Sword!

Soap will stay Shannon's Soaps Nil, as the bare spot is getting bigger! And I will probably stay with the RR Silvertip synthetic.

May your shaves be free from drama!

- Karve Diem, M. BOSC

@epipeman Have you used the Gillette Platinum in your 6C epipeman?, if so how was it?.Its the blade i have next up in line to use in my 6C.
Hello Fozzie. Yes - it's very good for the first three shaves (R6) but delivers an averagely good shave on shave four, when it dies. It lasts one shave longer in the Piccolo on the Original plate, but there's not much in it. The shave quality is very slightly better overall using the Piccolo with this blade.

It is the German Wilkie for me, too. Have heard many good reports so I am looking forward to trying it. Thanks to @Keto for sending me some to sample!
I'm fond of German Wilkies and would put them in the same category as Sharp Star.
To start this week I used an Asco (Orange Pack) which is a delightfully unfussy blade that delivered a comfortable DFS+ today in the Piccolo. Very, very nearly BBS but a little user error prevented this. I'm very happy with a DFS+ on shave 1 on any blade, however.

Good day gentlemen

My weekly setup will be:

1. Rex ambassador & ATT H2 kronos rotation
2. Polsilver SI
3. Three brush rotation - Simpsons, Semogue, & WCS
4. Executive Shaving pso
5. Speick shave stick or WKDM
6. Alum + ES Balm

My wholly kaw king of oud is almost gone. Likely just s couple weeks left.

Cheers!

First two uses of a German Wilkie have been great! Both shaves were with my CB Karve, first with plate B and today with C. I am looking forward to finding out how many I can get, although I plan to change blades on Saturday to try another new to me blade, a Vikings Sword blade.

First two uses of a German Wilkie have been great! Both shaves were with my CB Karve, first with plate B and today with C. I am looking forward to finding out how many I can get, although I plan to change blades on Saturday to try another new to me blade, a Vikings Sword blade.

Where is Vikings sword blade produced?

Next week setup. Generally I keep razor, blade, and post shave same but rotate soaps/brushes.

Razor. Rex ambassador
Blade. Polsilver SI
Soap rotation of Stirling piancenza & wholly kaw king of oud, maybe speick stick also
Brush normal rotation of Simpsons best, WCS silvertip, and Semogue mixed knot.
Preshave. ES pso
Post. Alum and ES Balm.

My wholly kaw is almost gone. Big donut time!

Cheers!

Well - I started the week with an Asco Orange (a lovely blade) and will finish it (feeling a great deal of pleasure) using a Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack (India).
This is a really great blade imho that also happens to be inexpensive.
That in itself is not a recommendation - but it shaves so beautifully!
My blades are dated 2015 and are made in India.

So - the week ahead:
Fatip Piccolo, Arco, the usual brush, a sink full of hot water then a cold water rinse, and finally Nivea Sensitive PSB.
Any blade that I happen to fancy.

Let's all have another week of spectacular shaves!

Last edited:
Where is Vikings sword blade produced?
I bought from Amazon, and it states Personna in Israel. Yet another Personna blade?! How many types do they have?

I have yet to try it, as I am still getting great shaves with the Wilkinson Sword.

- Karve Diem, M. BOSC

Did a minor change this morning and put the Wilkinson blade into my trusty Slim. Very nice! I may have to get some of these, even though I have enough blades to last for years!

- Karve Diem, M. BOSC

Not a shave of the day photo, but sharing some things. First, holey bottom! Second, my 2 SynBad brushes. Third, the Slim and the CB Karve razors. And fourth, the (according to Amazon) Personna Vikings Sword blades.

Late again, but started with the Slim loaded with last week's German Wilkinson, and switching to the Karve with the Viking blade. Hope to finish up the soap soon. This tub was purchased two years ago this month. First use was early summer, before I decided in September (?) to use it up.
proxy.php

- Karve Diem, M. BOSC

Not a shave of the day photo, but sharing some things. First, holey bottom! Second, my 2 SynBad brushes. Third, the Slim and the CB Karve razors. And fourth, the (according to Amazon) Personna Vikings Sword blades.

Late again, but started with the Slim loaded with last week's German Wilkinson, and switching to the Karve with the Viking blade. Hope to finish up the soap soon. This tub was purchased two years ago this month. First use was early summer, before I decided in September (?) to use it up.
proxy.php

- Karve Diem, M. BOSC

Your delta echo Gillette looks great.

Top Bottom