What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

The Octuple Fixed Four Schick Shaving Show

Part 2: Canadian, Eh!

20230228_211829.jpg

For the next five days, the theme is Canadian. The Schick Type E(h), MacDuff's soap, and an APSCo knot.

Oh, and it is that day today.

Cute-Its-Hump-Day-Meme-6.jpg

Of the six or seven Stirling samples I've tried Mountain Man is probably my favorite!

Enjoy your shaves this week my man
Thanks, as per blades and the soap /AS I definitely will enjoy the shaves. I'm digging the scent of MM, too.

I'm not sure regarding the Tech, though. I love (!) the slim profile of the head, but Boy, this razor is so terribly mild (on my face). Perhaps I'll add a shim (or two)... I haven't used a Tech loaded with a Titan blade, so perhaps it'll be a gamechanger.

I'll definitely switch handles for the second and third shave, since I enjoy longer handles better. But today's shave will be done with the OEM handle.

Enjoy your FFMM shaves, too. I'd bet your brush will be fully broken in
on April 1st 😀

Cheers!
Guido

My setup for next week...
Wolfman WR2-SB
Gillette Silver Blue
Simpson Chubby 2
Catie's Bubbles 'Tonsorial Parlour'

View attachment 1615554

Be well and stay safe
That's a well chosen setup. 👍

Caties Bubbles kind of flies under the radar, though their soaps are excellent.
I definitely should bring mine back into my rotation. Thanks for the unintended reminder 😉

Which blade gap does your WR2 have?

Cheers
Guido

Nice Canadian! Shiny!!

It will. A Titan in my EFBT is Devine.

First run might be still somewhat sub par as the coating needs to settle in, but beyond that I experience smooth sailing.
Overall, it's been a smooth first shave.
The Tech is mere joy to use due to the nimble head profile but she lacks efficiency, though. But still, a joy.

BTW, what's the meaning of the "E" in the EFBT abbreviation?

Cheers!

That's a well chosen setup. 👍

Caties Bubbles kind of flies under the radar, though their soaps are excellent.
I definitely should bring mine back into my rotation. Thanks for the unintended reminder 😉

Which blade gap does your WR2 have?

Cheers
Guido
Thank you, Guido. I spent all of 2022 with just one soap (Cella) and decided to knock out as many as possible this year; the Catie's Bubbles is the third so far and has been in the drawer for far too long.

The blade gap is .95 on the WR2 and it has also sat on the shelf for far too long.

After nine weeks of fixed kit I'm kind of feeling the self imposed restriction and itching to change things up a little more, specifically with some SE kit. But I decided to follow through with the last of my regular rotation razors for a fixed week. It's a brass Karve. I'll start with the OC G plate but will switch to the SB B if it gives me grief. The soap is a Pinnacle Grooming that I will be very glad to spend the week with. Haven't decided on the blade yet.
Image7138903653218812057.jpg

After nine weeks of fixed kit I'm kind of feeling the self imposed restriction and itching to change things up a little more, specifically with some SE kit. But I decided to follow through with the last of my regular rotation razors for a fixed week. It's a brass Karve. I'll start with the OC G plate but will switch to the SB B if it gives me grief. The soap is a Pinnacle Grooming that I will be very glad to spend the week with. Haven't decided on the blade yet. View attachment 1616586

Nine weeks!! Congratulations man. That's hero level impulse control.

sci fi mind control GIF

Top Bottom