• *B&M Taiga
  • *Simpson's Duke3 - Best
  • *Mühle R89
  • *7 o’clock Black
  • Kiehl’s Blue Astringent
  • Stirling Deep Blue Sea Splash
* SWS
4CD578EC-4D21-4283-969F-0F6CF975CE8B.jpeg

Greetings to you all. My homework assignment was to come up with a theme for next week. I had something else selected for when it would be my turn, but as luck would have it, I have a business trip next week.

So, the theme for next week will be travel kits. Whether it be TSA-friendly, the kit you want to show off to family and friends, or just something to get you through the day and you wouldn't care if it were left behind. Let's see 'em...

This isn't my fault. Feel free to blame my employer or the person that picked me to choose the theme. But whatever you do, I hope you have a good shave today and a better one tomorrow

Enjoy :cool:
My recent travel kit
9CA3C531-368A-46A9-A5C0-C47A2D62E39E.jpeg

3BB7E1E1-6A73-4671-9DA7-BE5F3246DB4A.png

5CFCC706-2D04-4C7E-A70F-ADEB0E424449.png

Attachments

• 203982DA-5DA5-4DC4-AD1A-95F5B59A75E7.png
    203982DA-5DA5-4DC4-AD1A-95F5B59A75E7.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 3
I don't travel by air much for work so my travel kit is just my daily stuff.

Travelling for vacation, well nobody has ever called me a light packer 😂. I still manage to keep it lighter than Mrs! 😉

My set up for the week with a brush rotation. I'm trying to finish up some of my open tucks of blades before I try some new ones!
IMG_20221210_170747.jpg

I have thought my travel razor would be the aluminum Overlander. But since I just spent a week with the brass Overlander, it didn't appeal to me. And if traveling light is a factor, then an injector seemed appropriate.

Schick Canadian Type E
New sChick blade
Mike's Natural Soap Unscented
TGN 27mm boar knot in Trotter Handcrafts Cascadian Line
(Not part of the travel kit is the Feather SS shavette, Kai Capt Titan Mild Protouch MG, for the WTG pass)

12_11 sws.jpg

Well my travel kit is my regular daily kit
When I go on board I put all my stuff in suitcase and check it in, I have no razor with me in my backpack
Last week blade was Ladas, last 2 shaves were not so comfortable, no weepers but feeling was just 🤮
So I'm done with medium blades for a time
My plan for next couple of weeks is to compare back to back Nacet, Permasharp and KCG to see if they are same blade (as some say on the forum)
As we are approaching China, weather has deteoriated and it's a bit colder so I'll go for a warmer cream and AS
IMG_20221211_153638.jpg

This week shave will be
Proraso Red
Simpson T3
EJ3One6
KCG
Proraso Red AS
IMG_20221211_153652.jpg

Well my travel kit is my regular daily kit
When I go on board I put all my stuff in suitcase and check it in, I have no razor with me in my backpack
Last week blade was Ladas, last 2 shaves were not so comfortable, no weepers but feeling was just 🤮
So I'm done with medium blades for a time
My plan for next couple of weeks is to compare back to back Nacet, Permasharp and KCG to see if they are same blade (as some say on the forum)
As we are approaching China, weather has deteoriated and it's a bit colder so I'll go for a warmer cream and AS
View attachment 1570506
This week shave will be
Proraso Red
Simpson T3
EJ3One6
KCG
Proraso Red AS
View attachment 1570507
Nice kit. And it looks like a very big ship! To someone who stands inside a grocery store all day, it looks like your work place is very exciting!

Nice kit. And it looks like a very big ship! To someone who stands inside a grocery store all day, it looks like your work place is very exciting!
Thnx
When I was in achool I used to look otside the window all the time. Teacher would tell me to pay atention on class, sho would say: no body is going to pay you to look outside the window all day.
I proved her wrong
This is a VLCC (Very Large Crude Carrier) tanker veseel, we cary around 2.000.000 barels of crude oil. It's 336m long and 60m wide

Travel Kit Week! I blew the dust off my Dopp bag and dug out my travel kit:
Razor: Schick Type G (a little luxury while on the road)
Brush: Omega boar. (I dont remember the number of this brush, but it is small and fits neatly in a pill bottle)
Soap: LaToja shave stick. (A nice treat while on the road).
ASB: Pre de Provence. (I love this stuff. The scent is very herbal. Great skin feel)
Wax: Zeppo.
I hope you all have a great week of shaves. And just to get that travel vibe I might just set up the pup tent in the backyard!
20221211_100224.jpg

GRUME...Still 💪
DecemBOAR the 13th
Tallow Tabac Tuesdays
SWS-part-time

PXL_20221213_144249231.jpg

1954 Gillette SS flair tip
Super Iridium SS (9)
Tallow Tabac
Omega 81054

A note from yesterday- I used the Semogue 830 brush and MdC rose soap in the morning. I am in the habit of rinsing my brushes, razor and blade before rinsing my face. I thought I did a good job on the brush but last night, I was sruffing the 830 and noticed the rose scent was still in the brush. Maybe I need to do a better job cleaning the brush but what was amazing was the staying power of the rose scent after 12 hours.

Today I remembered it was Tabac Tuesday. I am developing some sensitivity issues on my face and neck. To be on the safe side, I am going to use a Nacet or Astra blade tomorrow and a mild razor for a couple days to see what happens.

I am pretty rough breaking in my boar brushes and it is paying dividends. The cherry Semogue SOC is putting up a fight but at the end of boot camp I will have it in good shape.

As a part-time SWS member, I will use the same combo Wednesday thru Friday. My grade with that group is probably a D- or if they are generous a D...but I am still trying!

Please take care of yourself and each other.

GRUME...💪
Decem🐽🐷🐖 the 14th
Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

PXL_20221214_152318093.jpg

E. Jagger D89 *
Nacet (1) *
Semogue cherry SOC
DR. Harris Naturals *
* SWS today-Friday
(I am hoping to pass this semester with at least a D :blushing:)

Greetings!
Yesterday I mentioned some irritation on the lower left side of my neck. I thought it was the blade so I decided to start fresh with a new Nacet, the always dependable D89 and Naturals soap.

Good News! with the skill of a surgeon, no pressure strokes and a nimble razor, my face and neck are back in good shape...almost the equal of @FarmerTan.

The Naturals soap is excellent. I painted my skin with three coats before the first pass and initially rode the cap ( I think there is less irritation on the cap) and rode the guard during the second pass. With a few slide strokes and skin tightening thrown in for good measure I felt good and ended with a CCS++. To top it off my skin is calm, relaxed and happy.

The Semogue SOC came into boot camp this month thinking it could have it's own way. I am having to show it who is the boss. Yesterday and today it is getting roughed up on a terry towel. The brush has already surrendered and by the end of the month will be in good shape, (it already is).

Onward!

My setup for next week...
Timeless Ti95 SCL
Personna Platinum
Cella (kilo brick)
RV Shaving 2022 B&B Contributor Brush

20221217_063939.jpg

This is the week in which I've challenged myself to decide which Timeless Ti95 configuration is my favorite. There really is no bad choice here.

And it should also be my last week using Cella Crema Sapone with a little less than 4 grams remaining. Finally! After almost twelve months with the same soap, I now need to decide what's next. #FirstWorldProblems :cool:

Be well and stay safe

Last edited:
GRUME...💪
DecemBOAR the 17th!
SWS

PXL_20221217_150800237.jpg

Rockwell 6S- plate R4 (with E. Jagger short handle)
Nacet (4)
Semogue cherry SOC
Stirling Scots Pine Sheep

It's a weekend!

I face lathered today.

I soaked only a quarter inch of the brush for about 10 minutes. I discovered the trick was to use more soap than I thought was necessary on the brush. I made sure all the water in the brush was fully mixed with the soap before applying on my face- it was a little thick. Then I wet my fingers and added a little more water to my cheeks and neck. As a mostly bowl latherer, I have to admit this method worked quite well.

The lather was slick and I really enjoy this woodsy scent! The SOC brush needed some discipline but it is now relenting to reach it's potential. Two sliding passes got me in the DFS range.

Attention SWS clan-I plan to use this razor, blade and soap throughout the week. Sunday I'm using a synthetic brush (Synthetic Sundays group) because I want a break from all these BOARing shaves.

This weeks gear, chosen using my version of @ralph029 idea of yahtzee.

20221217_130441.jpg

I want to use 2 soaps alternating every other day from now on.
This week will be MWF and B&M "42".
Razor will be GC84P loaded with Bic Chrome. ATG pass with Henson mild and RK blade.
Brush Semogue 1305 (Decemboar)
Aftershave will be the normal Pinaud Clubman Monday to Friday with balm as needed.

Have a great week.
Jay

My setup for next week...
Timeless Ti95 SCL
Personna Platinum
Cella (kilo brick)
RV Shaving 2022 B&B Contributor Brush

View attachment 1573467

This is the week in which I've challenged myself to decide which Timeless Ti95 configuration is my favorite. There really is no bad choice here.

And it should also be my last week using Cella Crema Sapone with a little less than 4 grams remaining. Finally! After almost twelve months with the same soap, I now need to decide what's next. #FirstWorldProblems :cool:

Be well and stay safe
Curious to know which setups you have. I am eyeing an OC plate for mine, but the jury is still out. I have the scalloped .95 at the moment and that one gives me stellar shaves already so I do not see a specific need yet…I think…maybe…kinda…sorta…

Guido

Here is my kit for the coming week:
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Tiger
Brush: Vie-long horse
Preshave: Proraso white
Soap: Proraso white
ASB: Proraso white
Wax: Grave before shave
Its going to be a great week of shaves. I really enjoy the Proraso white team!
Have a good week and keep your finger out of the Christmas goodies!
20221217_144739.jpg

Curious to know which setups you have. I am eyeing an OC plate for mine, but the jury is still out. I have the scalloped .95 at the moment and that one gives me stellar shaves already so I do not see a specific need yet…I think…maybe…kinda…sorta…

Guido
Sure. Stainless solid bar, scalloped, and open comb. Titanium scalloped and open comb. There's a mixture of .68 and .95 blade gaps in there too.

The .68 plates were once my no-drama choices, but I have recently become accustomed to the .95 plates.

The Ti95 scalloped is starting to look like the clear winner; the reduced weight of titanium positioned between the SB comfort and OC efficiency. Good times.

Top Bottom