• *Mühle R89
  • *Permasharp - 1
  • Kiehl’s Blue Astringent
  • Capt's Choice Sandalwood Splash
* SWS

IMG_9842.JPG

The 500th consecutive shave!

12_8 500th.jpg

I reached a milestone for me today, no skipped days since July 26, 2021. I realized sometime in late Spring that I was heading for a year of daily shaves, and then when I hit that milestone, I looked at where 500 fell. To what do I owe this dubious honor? Stubbornness? Number chasing? No, I believe it is the anticipation and enjoyment of my daily shave, plain and simple. As we've all experienced, who'd have thought that a daily chore would become something to look forward to?!

I switched to the MWS as it was my first soap ever. My first 4 DE shaves back in 2015 were with creams, then MWS landed in the mailbox. So to commemorate 500 shaves in a row, I used this soap. Also, I used a new to me Feather shavette (many thanks to Obie) with a Kai Protouch blade loaded. This was for the first pass and it went very well. To help with slickness, I also used the Ethos First Lather.

With 500 in a row, I think I'll take a break now and grow a beard!

I believe it is the anticipation and enjoyment of my daily shave, plain and simple. As we've all experienced, who'd have thought that a daily chore would become something to look forward to?!
Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

Congrats Eric, I have the same sentiments.
Hey, I have a trimmed beard and still shave daily.:letterk1:

GRUME...Still In! 👍✌️💪
DecemBOAR day 8
SWS...stalled for now
PXL_20221208_155818908.jpg

Schick Krona
Super Iridium SS (5?)
Semogue SOC
The Club (A&E) Tibetan Temple

This soap was a Black Friday special last month. Here is the Ariana & Evans description:
"Notes: Tobacco leaf, honey, iris, sandalwood, amber, musk, frankincense, myrh, smoke, rose, patchouli, Himalayan cedar and hay." ...I was intrigued and ordered it.

When I opened the container I had a rush of memories from the 60's and 70's...... Cone incense burning at parties (now they call it aroma therapy)...Feeling Groovy...✌️...Love...don't trust anyone over 30...revolution...stay cool man...mini skirts...cute chicks...music in the air... turntables...albums...3 TV stations... and FM rock. It was an exciting and interesting era to come of age.

It is kinda mystical how scents and our other senses can trigger memories and emotions.

Do you recognize this guy? Here is a photo from that era.

AlfredENewmanHippy.jpeg

Onto the shave. A simple boar brush was common and the "modern" Schick Krona was probably being marketed to the younger generation at that time. The soap is well made and reminds me of incense smoke waffling in the air. I contained my reactive emotions and focused on the job at hand and experienced a DFS.
"It was far out man." ✌️
"Please take care of yourself and each other."-Lester Holt

The 500th consecutive shave!

View attachment 1569059

I reached a milestone for me today, no skipped days since July 26, 2021. I realized sometime in late Spring that I was heading for a year of daily shaves, and then when I hit that milestone, I looked at where 500 fell. To what do I owe this dubious honor? Stubbornness? Number chasing? No, I believe it is the anticipation and enjoyment of my daily shave, plain and simple. As we've all experienced, who'd have thought that a daily chore would become something to look forward to?!

I switched to the MWS as it was my first soap ever. My first 4 DE shaves back in 2015 were with creams, then MWS landed in the mailbox. So to commemorate 500 shaves in a row, I used this soap. Also, I used a new to me Feather shavette (many thanks to Obie) with a Kai Protouch blade loaded. This was for the first pass and it went very well. To help with slickness, I also used the Ethos First Lather.

Great! A nice milestone to hit. May you reach 1000 with good health!

GRUME...Still In! 👍✌️💪
DecemBOAR day 8
SWS...stalled for now
PXL_20221208_155818908.jpg

Schick Krona
Super Iridium SS (5?)
Semogue SOC
The Club (A&E) Tibetan Temple

This soap was a Black Friday special last month. Here is the Ariana & Evans description:
"Notes: Tobacco leaf, honey, iris, sandalwood, amber, musk, frankincense, myrh, smoke, rose, patchouli, Himalayan cedar and hay." ...I was intrigued and ordered it.

When I opened the container I had a rush of memories from the 60's and 70's...... Cone incense burning at parties (now they call it aroma therapy)...Feeling Groovy...✌️...Love...don't trust anyone over 30...revolution...stay cool man...mini skirts...cute chicks...music in the air... turntables...albums...3 TV stations... and FM rock. It was an exciting and interesting era to come of age.

It is kinda mystical how scents and our other senses can trigger memories and emotions.

Do you recognize this guy? Here is a photo from that era.

AlfredENewmanHippy.jpeg

Onto the shave. A simple boar brush was common and the "modern" Schick Krona was probably being marketed to the younger generation at that time. The soap is well made and reminds me of incense smoke waffling in the air. I contained my reactive emotions and focused on the job at hand and experienced a DFS.
"It was far out man." ✌️
"Please take care of yourself and each other."-Lester Holt
Three TV stations? Wow! You must have lived in the city. We only had one TV station back then and it was like watching a perpetual snowstorm of static. Except when the wind was blowing east, then Gilligan's Island came in nice and clear!

Greetings to you all. My homework assignment was to come up with a theme for next week. I had something else selected for when it would be my turn, but as luck would have it, I have a business trip next week.

So, the theme for next week will be travel kits. Whether it be TSA-friendly, the kit you want to show off to family and friends, or just something to get you through the day and you wouldn't care if it were left behind. Let's see 'em...

This isn't my fault. Feel free to blame my employer or the person that picked me to choose the theme. But whatever you do, I hope you have a good shave today and a better one tomorrow

Enjoy :cool:

Last edited:
Greetings to you all. My homework assignment was to come up with a theme for next week. I had something else selected for when it would be my turn, but as luck would have it, I have a business trip next week.

So, the theme for next week will be travel kits. Whether it be TSA-friendly, the kit you want to show off to family and friends, or just something to get you through the day and you wouldn't care if it were left behind. Let's see 'em...

This isn't my fault. Feel free to blame my employer or the person that picked me to choose the theme. But whatever you do, I hope you have a good shave today and a better one tomorrow

Watch it there, bub, or you can do another week! :001_tt2:

My setup for next week...
Gillette Guard cartridge
Cella (kilo) sample in a tub
RV Shaving w/ Mühle STF
Witch Hazel (14% alcohol)
Dove Men+Care moisturizer

20221210.jpg

This is my travel kit. I usually take a soap stick for shaving, but I don't have enough Cella to effectively load from a twist-up tube.

Also to be packed but is not pictured is a 3d-printed folding brush stand and a brush tube which doubles as a toothbrush holder during my hotel stays.

Be well and stay safe

Last edited:

Wonderful theme choice. I have a nice travel kit, but it has been gathering dust for the past 3 years. Now I get to use it for a week and the farthest I have to travel is to the bathroom!

GRUME...Still In 💪
DecemBOAR the 10th
SV Saturday
SWS, on hold

PXL_20221210_151515711.MP.jpg

Merkur 34C
Super Iridium (7)
Semogue 830
SV Manna Di Sicilia

When I got the 34C razor a couple months ago, I wasn't that impressed. But, as I become more acquainted with it, I now enjoy using it. There is a hidden message here. It takes quality time and experience to fully appreciate a lot of things in life. I think that has something to do with GRUME and the idea behind the Shave of the Week Society.

For a couple days, I have been experimenting with lather. I made my lather a little thicker and more dense but still apply a thin layer on my skin. A thin layer is important but since my skin is already hydrated, maybe the thicker lather is helping to retain moisture and slickness. Anyway, the shave was smooth and slick. Two passes on my face and a third on my neck left me with a DFS.
The 830 brush is breaking in faster than my other boars.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Top Bottom