What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

My gear for the week.
Razor- Dscosmetic V92
Blade- London Bridge
Soap- Smooth Suds Tallow
Brush- 20mm pure badger
full

Here is my kit for the coming week starting tomorrow (Sunday).
Razor: Fendrihan DE
Blade: Gillette Sharp Edge
Brush: EJ synth
Soap: Le Pere Lucien (Unscented). I love this soap - very slick and has a mild hand made soap scent.
This Fendrihan DE was my first purchased DE a long time ago. It is still a favourite. It is slightly more aggressive compared to a standard vintage Gillette DE. It pairs well with Gillette Sharp Edge.
I hope all is well with everyone.
20240330_093059.jpg

My setup for next week:
Timeless Ti95 SCL
Dorco Prime STP-301
Monsavon au lait - Bol à Raser
Oumo 5th Anniversary Special Edition

20240330.jpg

With so many weeks spent with the Overlander, I had forgotten just how smooth and comfortable shaves with the Ti95 could be. I even used it for a head shave a few days ago. It went so well that I've decided to dedicate my Derby blades to head shaves which allows me to get back to some of my favorites for the beard.

The brush for next week is a beast. It's a 27mm 2-Band Finest that has a dry weight of ~201.5 grams. Yeah, it's heavy but it's a really nice brush that's soft, dense, and with good backbone. But, it is heavy.
:cool:

Be well and stay safe

Shave of the Week Starting 1 April 2024

Parker Variant razor
Laser Super Platinum blade
Maggard Purple Swirl synthetic brush
Yardley SS
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
Various A/S

Hope this is an April Fool's situation cuz this shave was not very satisfying. Well, everything worked ok except for the blade. First few strokes were not good but did smooth out but the results were, at best, just ok. Changing blades to Super Max for the rest of the week. I mean, it's only right that an Indian razor have Indian blades. Now go enjoy your day folks.

laser.png

Today I went out and purchased a new tube of Nivea Shave Cream. It has been a while since I used this cream and surprise, surprise, it is still very inexpensive at $5.99 a tube. This used to be my go-to shave cream for the longest time. And who can argue with that price? This will by my shave kit for the coming week starting tomorrow (Saturday).
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Sharp Edge
Brush: EJ synth
Cream: Nivea
ASB: Nivea Sensitive (of course)!
I hope everyone is well.
20240405_132615.jpg

Here is my kit for the coming week starting tomorrow, Sunday. For the next few weeks I am going to be digging deep into the Rusty Blade museum vaults for a new razor and brush for my weekly shave. Razors and brushes I havent used for a while.
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Tiger
Brush: Semogue boar
Cream: Lucky Tiger Shave Cream
I hope everyone is well.
20240412_093455.jpg

My setup for next week:
Timeless Bronze 0.38 w/ SS cap and TRH5 handle
Dorco Prime STP-301
Monsavon au lait - Bol à Raser
WCS 26mm Silvertip Badger

20240413.jpg

I'm very close to the end of the soap, and the brush chosen for next week should really help things along.

But the real treat for the week should be the razor. I really like the shaves with the Timeless 0.38, but I'm not a fan of the spiral handle because of the weight combined with the lack of knurling.

I have even contacted Timeless asking about the possibility of additional handles being made available. And then I realized there are already several stainless steel options available and the parts are interchangeable. Now if only Timeless would release a titanium version of the 0.38 base plate...
:cool:

Be well and stay safe

Set up for the week.
Razor- Karve CB Bplt
Blade- London Bridge
Soap- RazoRock Irish Countryside
Brush- Dscosmetic 24mm A2s
Second go round with the Karve, first time with the B plt. Really smooth comfortable shaver. Might be a keeper! For a synthetic knot the A2s is pretty good also
PXL_20240414_004248756.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Top Bottom