What's new

SHAVE OF THE DAY - 1/3/2022 to 1/9/2022 FREE WEEK

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTN - Friday Night Fight 01/07

Not much of a fight this night, the Henson AL 13 took control from the outset and never looked back.

PreShave
Tree Hut - coconut/lime oil
Soap
Wicked Rooster Farm Lavender and Honey
Brush
Generic pure badger Wicked Rooster Farm
Razor
Henson AL13
Blade
Astra Superior Platinum
Aftershave Balm
Duke Cannon After Shave Balm - Ice Cold
Last night was my first shave with the Henson AL13, I thought I ordered the medium, but I guess I accidentally ordered the mild.

But, I'm thrilled with this razor either way.
The razor was able to mow down a three day growth with ease. The sound of the shaver mowing through the stubble, with my current go to razors blade the Astra Superior Platinum was like no other.

The end result was an excellent BBS shave! Almost felt like I was cheating, shaving shouldn't be this easy.
SOTN - Friday Night fight 08/07

Not much of a fight this night, the Henson AL 13 took control from the outset and never looked back.

PreShave
Soap
Brush
Razor
Henson AL13
Blade
Astra Superior Platinum
Aftershave Balm

Last night was my first shave with the Henson AL13, I thought I ordered the medium, but I guess I accidentally ordered the mild.

The razor was able to mow down a three day growth with ease. The sound of the shaver mowing through the stubble, with my current go to razors blade the Astra Superior Platinum was like no other.

The end result was an excellent BBS shave! Almost felt like I was cheating, shaving shouldn't be this easy.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
6B2055F8-8EE8-41C3-A81A-E30C88E3BD91.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Derby Shaving Soap.
3) China: Razor Jack the Barber DE safety razor.
4) China: Razor Blade Jack the Barber DE razor blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Brut Original Post Shave Balm.

SOTD : 9th January 2022.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Classic soap bowl.
Blade: Treet Classic. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Wilko Men's Moisturiser./blue Stratos EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A near Wilkinson Sword themed shave...The Inexpensive WS classic is a mild razor which is a good every day/newbie shaver. The two piece design of the razor makes it easy to load the blade, covering the full blade with no exposure of the blade edges, which is brilliant for shaving sensitive area without the risk of getting Cuts & nicks from the blade ends...The Blade gap is considerably smaller than the newer WS premium TTO, but still gives an acceptable presentable shave....The razor/ Treet classic blade combo performed well together.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of blue Stratos EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Sunday, January 9, 2022.

Floïd pre shave oil. Los jabones de Joserra: Space apple, shaving soap, lotion & balm aftershave. Carlos Rifivk, CRV manchurian badger 25 mm, blue special resin. Heinr. Böker & Co.: Tree brand, 14er., carbon steel 1.2210, extra hollow ground, 8/8, acrylic scales. Hugo Boss Bottled Eau De Toilette.

588C3A7F-4F2B-4BC2-81FE-0651310E7735.jpeg

SOTN - Friday Night Fight 01/07

PreShave
Soap
Brush
Razor
Henson AL13
Blade
Astra Superior Platinum
Aftershave Balm

When I first opened the box and put in a blade I was a bit concerned with the lack of blade exposure. All concerns vanished after seeing/feeling the results!It really is an incredible razor!

Last edited:
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
Hoffritz Pure Badger
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Gillette Nacet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
The razor today is the Wolfman loaded with a Nacet blade for the third shave. I know there is a lot of love for this blade, but I prefer the Personna Medical Prep blade in this razor. The brush today is my smallest and oldest brush: a Hoffritz I purchased many years ago. I prefer larger brushes but although it is small it does a good job. A fine, BBS shave. Have a good one.

SOD Sunday January 9, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Fendrihan
Pre shave: None
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Personna Platinum (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
Have a great day!

IMG_8638.jpg

A6722CDB-34CE-4777-9A48-F8F565EA48F9.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, JANUARY 9, 2022

Dang it! What do you do when you have too many great straight razors! If you’re my son, you set up a dedicated room in your house for the collection and end up with a lot of wonderful razors reduced to display queens! Not my style! This morning’s mug shave was just amazing!

CV Heljestrand exported most of their razors 5/8 or larger. My CV Heljestrand Mk29 4/8 was one of the models made 90 to 100 years ago and designated for their domestic market. Mine traveled here in the custody of a Swedish family that emigrated and settled in Texas.

The edge on this little beauty is absolutely “divine” as my Limey friend, Barry (@palmolive fox), likes to say. It tore through my mug whiskers this morning like the Romans through the Sabine women! Two and a half passes left me porcelain smooth. I understand why people collect this vintage brand.

I rate my Gillette safety razors a little differently than some! Their second generation “New” models are my favorite followed by the first generation Old Type with my least favorite being their third generation TTO models.

My noggin shave this morning featured one of my seldom used first generation Old Type razors. This particular Ball End handled safety razor dates to the early 30s and marked the end of production for this model. No complaints about the dome shave delivered - two ATG passes that left me velveteen smooth from noggin to neck!

RAZOR: CV Heljestrand Mk29 (Mug), Gillette Ball End Handled Old Type (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Old Spice Original Splash (Indian Version)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Jan 9th 2022

Razor: Schick adjustable injector, model 3- Mfg 1970-72, excellent razor with a good range of aggression and efficentcy, well built to last and I enjoy this razor around 2-3 setting with adequate blade feel. There is more comfort at the lower end settings I enjoy.
Blade: Personna injector, SS PTFE (4) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Gillette pure cream- nice mild scent, excellent lather qualities. This is a great mass produced cream IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious space 24mm silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter. The thinner badger hairs give the softness but with high density knot gives a great scrub also IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Schick adj injector M3 with a coated Personna injector blade.
SOTD Jan 9 , 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom