What's new

Shave. . .Interrupted

So I get up this morning and plan for a leisurely shave--nothing to do for hours, and a couple of ideas to try out.

I soak my brush, warm up a towel and start my prep. Slow, langorous. . .I'm really enjoying the process, and getting that feeling that I'm in for a special shave. You know that feeling, when you can just tell that its going to click.

I lather up with C&E Almond--a particularly great bowl of suds, too--and i can tell the stars are aligning.:biggrin:

Just as I make my first stroke, my lovely and talented wife--she's looking over my shoulder--barges into the bathroom and shouts, "What are you doing? You need to be at the dentist's in 5 minutes? You haven't even showered?!?!? Aaaargh!"

Now, I was sure that the appointment was at 10am, not 9, but its 8:55, and I doubt the dentist will be impressed that I was being elaborate with my prep. So I quickly slam through a 2 pass shave, leaving lots of stubbly patches and plenty o nicks and cuts. Lovely. I even gouged my problem mole and walked into the dentist's office with a giant blood plug popping off my cheek. Suave.

As if its not bad enough to have to go to the dentist--I wasn't even well shaved. The horror.:wink:

I hope you shared this story with your dentist. Then explained why you can not shave in a short period of time.........Bam.........Another wetshave convert.

Mitch,

I cannot imagine how frustrating that must have been... when I read the thread title I was reminded of a time not long ago when I had to answer the phone mid-shave... we were expecting an important call and I was home alone... as it turns out the call that I answered was SWMBO's aunt (and she was talkative that day) but I missed the important call while I was in the shower (for less than 10 mins).

I would have immediately called the dentist and said "Doc, I've got something really pressing goin' on here.....work me in later today if you can". :redface:

(My dentist would have understood) I think. :huh:

I guess the only thing worse would have been if you walked in and they greeted you with "You're here early! Your appointment isn't till 10. Have a seat and grab a magazine.... Theres um.. some great artilcles in this one about a new razor... called the Fusion, it may help with that um.. shaving problem you may be having" She slowly slides an issue of GQ toward you. Wiping the counter down with a spill kit.

Great story.

I really don't quite get it though - why would a person shave at all in that circumstance? Is there a cultural thing amond classic shavers that it is not ok to go out without shaving?

moses said:
Great story.

I really don't quite get it though - why would a person shave at all in that circumstance? Is there a cultural thing amond classic shavers that it is not ok to go out without shaving?
Well, it is a little known fact that the demons from the lowest plane of hell, the Whiskerim, will ascend from their fiery abode to torment those who do not perform their daily sacrifice, er...shave...

Didn't you know it was a cult?:wink:

moses said:
Great story.

As all shavers know, its a mortal sin to waste a full face worth of C&E Sweet Almond Shave Cream.:tongue:

Not more than ten minutes ago I massively overreacted to my wife's continuous interruptions while I was trying to shave.

New brush - shavemac 102; new blade - Swede courtesty of letterk; new A/S - arlington milk; nowhere to be and no need to rush. I think you can all understand where I am going with this. This was the 20 minutes of me-time I had been looking forward to all week (bad week; really bad week).

The first time she came into the bathroom was to hang up some towels. The second time was to straighten the towels. The third time was to ask me if I liked the new towels. There was no fourth time..........

So now I have a crappy shave and a crabby wife. Wish me luck gents, I've a hole to dig out of. At the moment I would perfer to be in Mitch's dentist's chair.
Cheers,
Jeff

mrob said:
As all shavers know, its a mortal sin to waste a full face worth of C&E Sweet Almond Shave Cream.:tongue:

Or any other nice lather (3Ts, Prpraso, or whatver)... and Jeff, good luck with SWMBO... a crappy shave is bad, but you can fix it less than 24 hours later if you wish, but a cranky woman, well, that may take days to "fix" if you don't play your cards right.

jmhAZ said:
Not more than ten minutes ago I massively overreacted to my wife's continuous interruptions while I was trying to shave.

New brush - shavemac 102; new blade - Swede courtesty of letterk; new A/S - arlington milk; nowhere to be and no need to rush. I think you can all understand where I am going with this. This was the 20 minutes of me-time I had been looking forward to all week (bad week; really bad week).

The first time she came into the bathroom was to hang up some towels. The second time was to straighten the towels. The third time was to ask me if I liked the new towels. There was no fourth time..........

So now I have a crappy shave and a crabby wife. Wish me luck gents, I've a hole to dig out of. At the moment I would perfer to be in Mitch's dentist's chair.
Cheers,
Jeff

Sounds like the wife wanted a little "attention".

:tongue:

Make her a bowl of lather and offer to shave her legs.

It can't hurt--too much!:redface:

mrob said:
Make her a bowl of lather and offer to shave her legs.

It can't hurt--too much!:redface:

At least offer the lather - but let her shave her own legs if she would be more comfortable with that (some ladies just wouldn't dig a DE or straight the way that we do).

NMMB said:
Or any other nice lather (3Ts, Prpraso, or whatver)... and Jeff, good luck with SWMBO... a crappy shave is bad, but you can fix it less than 24 hours later if you wish, but a cranky woman, well, that may take days to "fix" if you don't play your cards right.

Thanks Michael,
She immediately forgave me. I am truly unworthy and married way out of my league. I understand you are about to take the plunge yourself. Hopefully yours will be as understanding when you are being an *** as mine is when I am (Hardly ever. No need to ask her, just trust me.:smile: ).

Joanna, I believe you may be right. I'm goint to take her out to a nice late dinner in a few minutes, give the balm a little more time to reduce the damage before venturing into public.

Mitch, I made the offer. She smirked and responded "OK, but let me shave you first". Yeah, there was no way that was gonna happen. She then asked how much the C&E duffel I just bought cost (See the other thread I posted in the General forum). She's a clever girl, this is going to end up being expensive.
Cheers,
Jeff

Top Bottom