What's new

Shave gear in the Philippines

Gents,

I have a friend going to the Philippinesand wondered if there are any unique/rare creams, soaps, gear of any kind really, that one might not find here in North America.

Thanks in advance.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have a house 20 minutes from Manila International Airport. Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of traditional wetshaving there except for the el cheapo disposable plastic DE razors similar to the Rubie Click called the Gillette Super Click.

Heavy beard growth has never really been an issue there, and the culture has embraced the Gillette cartridge model lock stock and barrel.

Last edited:
I have a house 20 minutes from Manila International Airport. Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of traditional wetshaving there except for the el cheapo disposable plastic DE razors similar to the Rubie Click called the Gillette Super Click.

Heavy beard growth has never really been an issue there, and the culture has embraced the Gillette cartridge model lock stock and barrel.

Phil,

Thanks for the reply. Bummer...I thought there might be some unique creams, soaps.

Thanks again!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Phil,

Thanks for the reply. Bummer...I thought there might be some unique creams, soaps.

Thanks again!

My personal belief is that the only thing he'd be likely to find would be in an upscale shop that caters to the expat crowd that is there (and there's plenty). I haven't found one on my travels yet, but they may be well hidden in Makati in the Green Belt area.

And FWIW, Balut is pretty darned good.

Top Bottom