What's new

shave forums

I joined here on Dec 27, 2006

'twas an interesting time. Gear was quite limited.

Your razor was: Vintage Gillette or new Merkur
Your blade was: Merkur, Feather, Derby, Personna, Astra, Wizamet Polsilver, or Gillette Swede.
Your soap was: Artisan glycerin melt and pour, L'Occitane Cade, Tabac, Proraso, Speick, MWF, Williams, P160, Cella, Valobra, or VDH
Your brush was usually a Vulfix or Simpson badger or an Omega Boar
Your aftershave was either Drug Store American or Drug Store European.

It was still an awesome time, but nothing like today. There have been all kinds of tremendous leaps in gear.
awesome new razors.
hot process artisan soaps
amazing synthetic brushes
etc.

Last edited:
Why?

By the way, late 90’s is an approximate date.
late 90s wouldnt make any sense and ill tell you why, look at this, Oldest wet shaving forums - https://sharprazorpalace.com/general-razor-shaving-related-discussion/138467-oldest-wet-shaving-forums.html

the first online forum dedicated strictly to shaving came out in 2005 and before that it was yahoo groups but the problem is that yahoo groups debut in january of 2001. from 1999-december of 2000 i dont believe anything was online yet............ you say late 90s but like what website then???? rsvp

just because i would like to know if what knowledge i have now i would have had then........... thats why. if i know now about proraso and mitchell and tarbac i believe, would there have been any forums back then so i would have bought those products back then in 1999-2000, now make sense???? rsvp

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The shave forums started way back when men stood in line down the street waiting for a straight shave. Probably every morning. The men in line talked about brushes, straight razors, hot towels, aftershaves and who was the best barber. Oh yeah this an old thing.

Reactions: abj
Top Bottom