What's new

Shave every day?

I shave every day I have to work, 99% of the time that's Monday through Friday. I'll shave on the weekends if I'm doing something requiring me to be dressed up nicely (e.g., party, taking the wife out, etc.). I like having the two days off as it gives my face a couple of days to regroup and then I get that nice Monday morning shave. While DE shaving has reduced irritation INCREDIBLY, going 12 days or longer in a row starts to leave my face feeling a bit sore. YMMV as always...

Thanks all. I need to shave for work Monday through Friday. Really love the switch to DE. I think I found my razor blade for my EJDE89---- Israeli personna super plus stainless steel. Been working through my 120 razor blade sampler pack from West Coast Shaving. Also just went to Disneyland and stopped by WCS to pick up a haul, including new Captains Choice North AS.

I have the opposite problem - even with a very close shave, I have enough stubble at 5-6 o' clock that I could use a repeat shave before going out. I shave daily because I enjoy it, and I like how I look and feel afterwards.

I hated shaving with cartridges and electrics before becoming brainwashed.

Sorry, I meant enlightened! :laugh:

I shave every other day, and find that it is definitely more satisfying with longer stubble.

Shaving is now a very enjoyable morning ritual for me, and I always go for the BBS. It happens to be easy with a great DE razor.

I personally only shave twice a week. My beard, if it can be called that, grows slowly and thinly packed. If I shave more than twice a week, I'm really kidding myself.

I will say that in the two months or so that I've been wet shaving, I've often caught myself sniffing my shave soap on my off days wishing I had cause to lather.

For me it depends on how I'm feeling. I probably average 5 shaves a week. Will skip Sat and usually 1 day mid week.

I WANT to shave every day, or at least settle into a routine. Right now I'm trying to switch to the DE. I just got mine yesterday and have had 1 shave with it, and it just aggravated all the same bumps that were left over from a couple days ago, and weeks ago, that I've been shaving over every couple days with cartridges and disposables.

I've decided to wait it out until my neck calms down, and then try the DE again. I need to start at a base level that doesn't have leftover bumps and ingrowns from previous bad experiences. About a week should do it, I hope. Then I'll get back on the horse.

On a positive note: I don't have any NEW bumps from the DE. They are all from before.

Daily shaver during the week and will take a break on the weekend if nothing is going on. I feel incomplete if I go to work and not clean shaven. It's just part of the routine and I feel like a million bucks, especially if I don't cut myself in the process.

I shave every 36 hours. My beard isn't too heavy and my work tolerates a little stubble. I have shaved every day since joining the DE Club and it works fine for me too :)

Every day works for me. Its additional benefit is being able to use a blade for days and days, since it's not hacking through long bristle and so doesn't need to be ultra sharp - just smooth.

Top Bottom