What's new

Shave den Zen

Angry Industrial German heavy metal.

jk

no music for me......might try someday.

camo

There is only one appropriate angry metal band for shaving.....Razor!!

Armed & Dangerous (Razor album).jpeg

For now I need the quiet to listen to the blade and to concentrate. Hopefully, this will soon pass. Then it will be everything from Bob Dylan to Miles Davis to the Allman Brothers to Frank Zappa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love Rammstein when driving, but shaving in total silence, even my breathing is controlled.

If I listened to Rammstein when shaving, I would probably remove bits that are rather useful like ears and a nose!
I can't listen to Rammstein while driving. The last time i did was this summer. I made what usually is an eight hour drive in less than five and a half hour. Thank God that i wasn't caught by the police. To tell the truth I don't listen to them while shaving either. I prefer the sound of the razor removing the stubble. I do however love their music.

listened to rabbit of Seville this morn. believe ole Bugs razor has a barber notch. couldnt make out the maker of the blade though........that one has a little bit of smile to it. wonder what he finishes with?
20201005_060606.jpg

camo

Last edited:
I usually shave in silence - never bothered about music. However, last week I discovered a 1920's jazz artist, Sydney Bechet, a contemporary of Louis Armstrong, and who did a lot of stuff in France as well as America. Downloaded the album "Les Annees" from I-Tunes and decided to play it as I was shaving. The 1920's jazz was an excellent accompaniment to a straight shave. It will also fit in nicely with my two French razors, as a lot of his stuff has a bit of a French feel to it. Keen to try out other music now.

IMG_8798.jpg

For now I need the quiet to listen to the blade and to concentrate. Hopefully, this will soon pass. Then it will be everything from Bob Dylan to Miles Davis to the Allman Brothers to Frank Zappa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d say for me the concentration part doesn’t necessarily pass but the more the muscle memory kicks in the more the nervousness does pass. I feel totally comfortable with the SR in either hand but my mind doesn’t wander while I’m shaving. I can just be totally relaxed and focused at the same time now. It’s a wonderful feeling that I crave everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom