What's new

Shave Den Travesty

I've PIF'd a couple of my soaps lately and I have an empty spot on my soap shelf. We mustn't allow this miscarriage of all things right and proper to continue.
If it stays empty for long Mrs .40C will put mascara or eye shadow there. MUST PRESERVE THE MANLY AREA AT ALL COSTS!

I'm not sure what to get next. I would really like to hear your suggestions based on the following.

Dislikes:
Mamabears Cedarwood and Lemon (sorry Sue).
Poraso Green Tea
Speick (just plain nasty)

Trumpers Lime
Mamabears Orange Orange (just awesome stuff Sue)
Pre de Provence
Tabac

You definitely need something from QED in your lineup. perhaps the lime or wild orange given your stated likes. He has other citrus creations, as well (you may very much enjoy bathtub gin...).

If you like Pre de Provence, you might try Provence Sante - also highly regarded, as a rule.

Of course, aside from the Trumpers, there are the English you haven't yet listed- Penhaligon's (EF is about the very best soap I've ever tried) and DR Harris (just got some Marlborough, which is very impressive).

What do you like about the Trumper Coconut? I've been considering that for a fall/winter soap. Unfortunately, there are no reviews up for this.

If you like Pre de Provence, you might try Provence Sante - also highly regarded, as a rule.

Of course, aside from the Trumpers, there are the English you haven't yet listed- Penhaligon's (EF is about the very best soap I've ever tried) and DR Harris (just got some Marlborough, which is very impressive).

What do you like about the Trumper Coconut? I've been considering that for a fall/winter soap. Unfortunately, there are no reviews up for this.

I like many things about it. Lather quality is top notch. Very slick. Very rich. I've used it many many times and I can hardly tell I've used any. It may last forever. The scent is like freshly grated coconut. No artificial hollywood suntan oil chemical coconut smell.

Where does the scent of MWF fall on the list?

MWF is not so much a "scent" as something to tolerate, IMHO. A basic soapy, slightly, um, wooly, scent. Something I tolerate given the excellent performance, but probably won't buy again. YMMV, of course.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
How about an Art of Shaving soap. It's been a while since I used one, but they make some pretty awesome lather.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I don't see Williams on your list. Get a puck just to remind yourself of how bad your shaves could be.

If you like orange scents as it seems you do...

Try some Straight Razor Designs Blood Orange. It's awesome. Performance is definitely on par with mama bear, and the scent is a little different. It almost smells like "goo gone" if you've ever use that stuff.

I don't see Williams on your list. Get a puck just to remind yourself of how bad your shaves could be.

That is the second post in two days I've seen from you where you bash williams. Why has your hate for williams been so particularly public lately? If you and will are having some issues, please take it outside :lol::tongue_sm

Why not try some T&H soap? Or maybe eShave mandarin?

TGQ's Savon de Campagne is a great-smelling, great-performing soap. It has a base of lavender and has citrus overtones. Lathers great, and makes for a smooth, comfortable shave. Highly recommended.

Top Bottom