What's new

Shave Den Artwork

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
The recent 'Saint' Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser Charity Auction give me a chance to win some wonderful shave den artwork done by one of our resident artists, Badger babe, AKA Rebecca. An additional piece of her work that was won by SiBurning was included. Thanks so much again, Steve! :001_smile

The idea of putting a collage of shave art on a wall in my shave den has been with me for several years. These drawings gave me the chance to put thought into action.
My shave den is now as complete as a shave den can ever hope to be.
proxy.php

Drawings along with an Eclipse Razor Ad.
View attachment 613758 View attachment 613759

View attachment 613760 View attachment 613761

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
The recent 'Saint' Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser Charity Auction give me a chance to win some wonderful shave den artwork done by one of our resident artists, Badger babe, AKA Rebecca. An additional piece of her work that was won by SiBurning was included. Thanks so much again, Steve! :001_smile

The idea of putting a collage of shave art on a wall in my shave den has been with me for several years. These drawings gave me the chance to put thought into action.
My shave den is now as complete as a shave den can ever hope to be.
proxy.php

Drawings along with an Eclipse Razor Ad.
View attachment 613758 View attachment 613759

View attachment 613760 View attachment 613761
Connie:
proxy.php
...love the art work and your Den...simply awesome (I'm green w/ envy because of it's 'character' and sense of peacefulness & calm with the addition of the rock as a center-piece)! :thumbsup:

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"A [shave den] can have identity...just like a person". William Stanford[/FONT]

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Great collection of art Connie. I'm working on one I hope will be added next year for the auction.

The cabinet on the right has a few great items.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Connie:
Oh by the way, can send a pic of your mounted cabinet?
proxy.php

attachment.php
[FONT=&quot]“A [shave den] with plenty of provisions is better than a [starving bathroom]”. Irish Proverb[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Intrigued

Great collection of art Connie. I'm working on one I hope will be added next year for the auction.

The cabinet on the right has a few great items.

Connie:
Oh by the way, can send a pic of your mounted cabinet?
proxy.php

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]“A [shave den] with plenty of provisions is better than a [starving bathroom]”. Irish Proverb[/FONT]

Thanks for all the kind comments. :001_smile

This cabinet holds most of the crown jewels of my collection.

$Razor Display Case 1.jpg
$Razor Display (case 1) 2.jpg
$Razor Display (case 1).jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yep, your collection is way better than mine. I wouldn't even call mine a collection after seeing yours.

....beautiful.

Intrigued

Gorgeous, and there is your London-era Simpson! Did you have that re-knotted?

Gary Young (great nephew of Alex Simpson) said when I first post pictures of it, that he could see that it had been re-knotted at some point. In fact, he was the one that explained the London made decal dated the brush to pre WWII. According to Gary, that was when the Simpson Brush factory was bombed and operations were moved to Nimmer Mill in Sommerset.

$Pre-World War 2 Simpson.jpg

That is a HUGE sink ... but it's really low to the floor and the faucet is on the wrong side! :lol: Just kidding

that is a very, very nice .... everything. .... the artwork is great, the collection is great ... love the small display cabinet ..... all very nicely done!

That really looks nice ... and its doubly nice that it was done for a good cause.

I envy you for having all that room, and such nice appointments. I really like that tub, and all the shelf space surrounding it.

If I ever get around to displaying my collection, no way would it all fit in my bathroom. I'd have to have some curio cabinets in the living room, maybe some cubbyhole shelves in the master bedroom, and I'd still have stuff left over in dresser drawers. I'd move active stuff in and out of the bathroom as the seasons change and I switch up brands.

Intrigued

That really looks nice ... and its doubly nice that it was done for a good cause.

I envy you for having all that room, and such nice appointments. I really like that tub, and all the shelf space surrounding it.

If I ever get around to displaying my collection, no way would it all fit in my bathroom. I'd have to have some curio cabinets in the living room, maybe some cubbyhole shelves in the master bedroom, and I'd still have stuff left over in dresser drawers. I'd move active stuff in and out of the bathroom as the seasons change and I switch up brands.

Your post brought back memories. We've lived in this house for 25 yrs. We've managed to remodel and expand the original house extensively in that time.

This bathroom used to be 4' shorter and the wall that the display cabinet hangs on was the extent of its' width. It had no windows and for some reason the ceiling was dropped right over the really cheap one piece tub/shower. This led to a real haven for mildew. :thumbdown .... I think I like this version of it better. :lol:

Your post brought back memories. We've lived in this house for 25 yrs. We've managed to remodel and expand the original house extensively in that time.

This bathroom used to be 4' shorter and the wall that the display cabinet hangs on was the extent of its' width. It had no windows and for some reason the ceiling was dropped right over the really cheap one piece tub/shower. This led to a real haven for mildew. :thumbdown .... I think I like this version of it better. :lol:

My present house is 2BR/2BA ... but I live alone. No need for a 2nd bathroom. I've toyed with the idea of knocking down the wall that separates them and combining two small bathrooms into one large luxurious space, with an entrance from both bedrooms. But that kind of a modification is a long way down the road.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Thanks for all the kind comments. :001_smile

This cabinet holds most of the crown jewels [did you install anti-theft detection devices (alarms, all doors & windows in your Den on 'lock-down' mode if disturbed, ect...), when you're away?
proxy.php
] of my collection.

View attachment 613798
attachment.php
Connie:
A beautiful cabinet and accouterments (that is one 'huge' shaving brush on the top shelf), in all it's glory. Awesome.!
proxy.php

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"A [shave den] can have identity...just like a person". William Stanford[/FONT]

Connie:
A beautiful cabinet and accouterments (that is one 'huge' shaving brush on the top shelf), in all it's glory. Awesome.!
proxy.php

attachment.php
[FONT=&]"A [shave den] can have identity...just like a person". William Stanford[/FONT]

+1 ... that caught my eye also. I'm guessing Chubby3 in Butterscotch, Best Badger? Sweeeeet!

Of course, the razors are nothing to sneeze at, either.
Not much there I can positively ID besides the Toggle and the Psycho, but they all look good.

Its a great way to display an amazing collection.

Top Bottom