What's new

Shave Cream with a shot of Shave Foam?

I love the scent of Gillette Foamy but leaves my skin very dry. I was thinking of mixing a shot of Foamy in with regular Gillette shave cream and lathering it up. Has anyone had any luck with this or has a better way of doing this?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Almost all common - drugstore scents - have their roots in the classic perfumes. And my compliments to the drugstore products, they go more with less and just wow!

There are probably better performing products with a better scent that might suit you better.

As stated above, search out the scent profile and you'll likely find a quality soap made in it.

I wouldn't added chemical foam to a quality shave soap lather.

If a product can't stand in its on, I won't use it

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I can get a good shave from any canned foam but I do find I definitely need a balm afterwords and I don't with many soaps. Were I you, and you have a lathering product, I would tend to use that and leave the can for travel or when you really need to save time.

I get good shaves with Foamy but it leaves my face dry afterwards. I have tons of other soaps and creams but none of them have that Gillette Foamy scent that I really love. I even bought PAA Sun Down because I heard many things about it being a dead ringer for the foam but it wasn't. I am not going to just buy a bunch of products and hope they smell like it, so I just figured I'd ask if anyone had tried it. The Gillette shave cream is very mild in scent and Foamy is pretty heavy on the scent so I thought it might work if I tried bowl lathering the two together. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I was just curious to see if anyone had given it a try or had any tips in doing so. Thanks!

I love the scent of Gillette Foamy but leaves my skin very dry. I was thinking of mixing a shot of Foamy in with regular Gillette shave cream and lathering it up. Has anyone had any luck with this or has a better way of doing this?
What a coincidence. I just got 2 tubes of Old Spice from India on Amazon and use a little Foamy to add a little bulk. Works great. FYI the Old Spice has a very pleasant mild scent. How strange, but in a good way, you ask this now.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What a coincidence. I just got 2 tubes of Old Spice from India on Amazon and use a little Foamy to add a little bulk. Works great. FYI the Old Spice has a very pleasant mild scent. How strange, but in a good way, you ask this now.
Please tell me you hate the Old Spice.... I don't need any more stuff!!!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Please tell me you hate the Old Spice.... I don't need any more stuff!!!
I got a tube of the Old Spice from India. I didn’t like so you don’t have to buy it. Arko rules anyway. If you don’t like the scent just add a teaspoon of Kerosene. Works like a charm.

Top Bottom