What's new

Shave cream to recommend: Ursa Major

This really is great stuff. It's probably my favorite brushless shaving cream at the moment. That's high praise since that means it has knocked Nancy Boy from that top spot.

As it's been explained before, this isn't a product specifically designed to be used with a DE or straight razor. For a cartridge shave, it's a good product made with natural ingredients. It smells pretty good too.

Sometimes we forget that not everyone has the time or desire for traditional wetshaving. That doesn't mean we're better, it just means our preferences differ.

In my experience with Brushless Shaving Creams, I can say with certainty that Ursa Major looks, feels, smells, and performs on a par with Shavex brushless shaving cream. Supposedly the first, or one of the first brushless creams, reportedly created in England about 80 years ago. I haven't compared the ingredients, but will leave that project for others who may be so inclined. Thanks to Oliver Sweatman for the generous sample. Good luck with your new product. I wish you well, sir!

Just to make sure I'm clear --- within the limitations imposed by the nature of brushless creams, this is a very good brushless shaving cream, as is the famous Shavex! Very good indeed.

Edit: I have heard that Shavex has been discontinued, but there is a UK vendor that supposedly has it in stock (Masters Direct). They only ship to UK and Europe. Shavex is REALLY inexpensive. I bought mine from Auravita about a year and a half ago, but they no longer carry it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom