What's new

Shave comparison.. Gillette NEW Deluxe Big Boy vs Charcoal Goods Level 2 OC

Thanks! I'll try to post more pics... but before I should find the razors... House move last summer and they still are in cardboard boxes.

Beautiful ones you've got there! Yes, the gold Big Boy looks the same. The silver one is complete! Excellent indeed. Is that the NOS you talk about, I guess...

And the third one... you had it reblacked, so to speak, yes? Looks impressive.

Thanks! I'll try to post more pics... but before I should find the razors... House move last summer and they still are in cardboard boxes.

Beautiful ones you've got there! Yes, the gold Big Boy looks the same. The silver one is complete! Excellent indeed. Is that the NOS you talk about, I guess...

And the third one... you had it reblacked, so to speak, yes? Looks impressive.
Yes the Chromium is the NOS and the other one has a gun coating on it that Scott at North Shore did to me. Cap fixed a little crack in the handle on that one and then the gun coating really hid if from showing. It's going to be more of a daily shaver. If your razors are packed away please you don't have to go to all the trouble to take them out. I appreciate you good intention but don't unpack them just for me.
Health and happiness!
Frank

Yes the Chromium is the NOS and the other one has a gun coating on it that Scott at North Shore did to me. Cap fixed a little crack in the handle on that one and then the gun coating really hid if from showing. It's going to be more of a daily shaver. If your razors are packed away please you don't have to go to all the trouble to take them out. I appreciate you good intention but don't unpack them just for me.
Health and happiness!
Frank

Thanks. Apart from showing (off...) them here, actually I should/want to find them becaquse I NEED them!

Thanks. Apart from showing (off...) them here, actually I should/want to find them becaquse I NEED them!

It’s funny you mention that last night one of the members and I were talking on the phone and we were saying there are only 2 kinds of Razors we will purchase any longer. Those that we love the looks of and just want to add them to our collection and those that give a great shave! Sometimes we get lucky and find a Razor that does both like the NEW Deluxe!
Thank you and Great shaves Juan!

Tom
Thank you for posting those photos [snip]
I've never seen a Ikon New Deluxe or even heard of it as to be truthful I've never had good luck with any of the Ikons throughout the years and I've had 3 of them including a slant.
[snip]
:thumbsup:

Here are a few iKon Deluxe OCs - they are #s 2 and 4 from the left:
upload_2018-1-5_13-27-58.png

I don't know whether it is my old camera or my even older eyes, but my pics look good on the camera but blurry on the computer! Left to right are a 15mm Gillette NEW Deluxe, iKon B2 Deluxe OC, 17mm NEW, Matte Silver iKon Deluxe OC, and ATT M2.
The pic below shows the similarity between the iKon (black) and the Gillette (brass) blade guards:
upload_2018-1-5_13-31-0.png

The iKon blade guard and cap are slightly longer and completely cover the blade tabs. I like that. I used the ATT M2 yesterday with a new Kai blade and didn't need to shave this morning...maybe tonight.
Tom

Here are a few iKon Deluxe OCs - they are #s 2 and 4 from the left:
View attachment 850131
I don't know whether it is my old camera or my even older eyes, but my pics look good on the camera but blurry on the computer! Left to right are a 15mm Gillette NEW Deluxe, iKon B2 Deluxe OC, 17mm NEW, Matte Silver iKon Deluxe OC, and ATT M2.
The pic below shows the similarity between the iKon (black) and the Gillette (brass) blade guards:
View attachment 850132
The iKon blade guard and cap are slightly longer and completely cover the blade tabs. I like that. I used the ATT M2 yesterday with a new Kai blade and didn't need to shave this morning...maybe tonight.
Tom

Very nice collection and the photos look fine! I'm glad you posted the photo of the 15mm and the Ikon Deluxe as I've never seen one. So of the above razors which one is your preferred one?

Thank you sir for sharing those with me.

Very nice collection and the photos look fine! I'm glad you posted the photo of the 15mm and the Ikon Deluxe as I've never seen one. So of the above razors which one is your preferred one?
Thank you sir for sharing those with me.

Preferred? The Gillette 15mm NEW Deluxe. All of the above shave my beard with my soft water and my selection of blades wonderfully well; however, the 15mm was replated by Chris Evatt and is hooked up to a BRW BullMastiff. I would go back for it in a fire...

Tom

upload_2018-1-5_17-1-42.png

Preferred? The Gillette 15mm NEW Deluxe. All of the above shave my beard with my soft water and my selection of blades wonderfully well; however, the 15mm was replated by Chris Evatt and is hooked up to a BRW BullMastiff. I would go back for it in a fire...

Tom

View attachment 850177
Beautiful razor and I'm sure if Chris did it probably looks even better in person. I know mine do. I'd go back for it to. Now the hunt for one starts. LOL
Thanks again!

Tom

View attachment 850177
I’m going to have to give the 15mm some more attention, given your and Juan’s (@Useless shaver) reviews. I’ve missed out on a couple of the Ikon copies. Still have to keep my eye out for one.

I’m going to have to give the 15mm some more attention, given your and Juan’s (@Useless shaver) reviews. I’ve missed out on a couple of the Ikon copies. Still have to keep my eye out for one.

Mark, I have a couple of 15 mm (husky bar, round and flat shoulder) and the first one seemed a tad mild for me, the second one is the one I talked about some posts above... It really depends on... who knows! I still have to revisit the round shoulder one...

Top Bottom