What's new

Shave Brush Took a Dive

My day started out rough and continued that way...

I was setting down my trusty, well used Shavemac 177 and something happened that caused it to fly right into the toilet! :cursing:

Any hope for it? I don't know if I could ever use it again even if there were.

Unless you were shaving in a nasty airport bathroom it should be fine. If you're really worried about it use a disinfecting wipe on the handle and do the new brush break in process on the bristles.

wash it in dish soap a couple times, soak it in barbacide for half an hour and wash it in vinegar then dish soap, then lather with williams or other cheap soap a few times.

or soak it in some bleach water (instructions on the bottle). Then vinegar and dish soap and then shave soap.

Toilet water is potable, too! I assume you clean your toilet. I assume the brush didn't break. I assume you weren't shaving while peeing.

No harm, no foul, best I can tell. If you feel weird about it, maybe do a "test lather" with something and "clean" it.

If you still feel weird about it, I hear you can sell anything on the bay...

I would also suggest an ultraviolet light cleaning. I have one for my toothbrush that most of my smaller brushes fit inside. I think it is a Sonicare. Fresh air and sunlight will be good, too.

Interesting. Perhaps we should start a toilet bowl shavers club. I think your brush can be saved.

$fancy_toilet_2.jpg The TBSC official scuttle!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
You are not the first, and won't be the last. If it is any consolation, your cellphone has more bacteria on it than your toilet. You put your cell phone on your face many times a day. A good cleaning and it should be fine.

If the gross factors is too much, use this an an excuse to get a new brush.

Just give it a cleaning that you feel comfortable with. Chances are it only has water on it :001_smile but do a cleaning that makes you feel comfortable

Reminder to self, do not buy Simpson brush from James...:001_unsur

I'd still use it. As one poster noted, your cell phone probably has more germs than the brush after the dunk.

How far away from the toilet is your toothbrush kept? I wouldn't worry too much about the outside of your face. :scared:

Top Bottom