What's new

Shave brush clean made easy with citric acid

Dry granular. LINK. :wink2:

That looks pretty expensive in Canada. I'm in the UK. 1kg (2.2lb) costs me GBP 7 (~CAD 12) shipped. LINK.
In Hungary 0,5 kg costs about 1 pound (or 1,5 USD) approximately. I bought it at a food store (as citric acid is used for food storage mainly), however, maybe if they label it as "beauty" product a 10x multiplier is applied...🤑

I get this at Walmart where the dish soap is at.
IMG_20200704_121154620.jpg

I could see it would be fine for synthetic knots, but over the long term (if used on a regular basis) on a natural badger or boar bristle could be detrimental to the life of your brush.

That product is meant for glassware and not for natural materials.

Just my opinion.

:thumbup1:

I just gave 2 Simpson brushes a cleaning tune-up with:
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Clarifying Shampoo, Gentle Non-Irritating Clarifying Shampoo to Remove Hair Build-Up & Residue. About $5.00

I can tell the difference. The brushes seem to have opened up and have additional spring.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The best way IMO is to use products that don’t build up on the brush to begin with. Many brush cleaning soaps are mostly coconut oil based, as is Martin de Candre and many of the Italian soaps and creams. Many other products rinse clean also, you just have to try them.

If you live in a hard water area, the water will run out of the knot crystal clear. Once it has dried on the hair or bristles and you brush with you hand over the knot preferably in front of a dark background, you will see cloud of fine dust. This is chalk, carbonate salts, minerals that vary slightly depending on where you live. You can either rinse with distilled water or have to do an acid cleaning once in a while.
Thanks for this; exactly what I see. Time for some citric acid and more distilled water. Very hard water where I live.

Top Bottom