What's new

shave bowls

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Ok, so these aren’t shave bowls. But! They are silicone, unbreakable, and cool looking. Silicone quality seems like has gotten better over the years. My watch came with a silicone band, which is so soft, u almost want to chew on it. No surprise they are making in breakable wine glasses out of the stuff. I’d have no problem using a shave bowl makes out of the stuff. The ones with the little nubs at the bottom would only help I’d imagine.
This is my cat.
View attachment 1454362

Pretty glasses, and cute cat 🐈 Meow said the cat, looking for hidden temptations inside the glass 🐾

I know scuttles have already been mentioned here,but i'm looking at adding a scuttle to my bowl collection(in particular,the Pereira scuttle ive been looking at)contemplating ordering today,whats your thoughts guys,you think a scuttle makes a difference(especially Pereira users),or does a bowl work just as well🤔

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ok, so these aren’t shave bowls. But! They are silicone, unbreakable, and cool looking. Silicone quality seems like has gotten better over the years. My watch came with a silicone band, which is so soft, u almost want to chew on it. No surprise they are making in breakable wine glasses out of the stuff. I’d have no problem using a shave bowl makes out of the stuff. The ones with the little nubs at the bottom would only help I’d imagine.
This is my cat.
View attachment 1454362
A beautiful creature, that obviously knows it's rightful place in the world!

I know scuttles have already been mentioned here,but i'm looking at adding a scuttle to my bowl collection(in particular,the Pereira scuttle ive been looking at)contemplating ordering today,whats your thoughts guys,you think a scuttle makes a difference(especially Pereira users),or does a bowl work just as well🤔
They are different in the sense that with the scuttle you make warm lather. You can't make warm lather in a plain bowl.
Warm lather is very nice on a cool night.

They are different in the sense that with the scuttle you make warm lather. You can't make warm lather in a plain bowl.
Warm lather is very nice on a cool night.
What I would give for a cool night…..😓

Attachments

• 3C5DF522-30B8-41B1-B75F-404CEE4617FD.png
    3C5DF522-30B8-41B1-B75F-404CEE4617FD.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
This is my cat.
View attachment 1454362
I have a couple silicon stemless wine glasses that look his like your bottom (left most) shot glass. They are fun to use and you never have to carry that thought in the back of your mind about worry for dropping them and loosing them because they've shattered.

I've not yet looked into a silicone bowl for lather purposes. This is an interesting subject though as I've been toying with the idea for acquiring one. Normally I face lather. I have looked at scuttles more in depth but they're typically more expensive as well. We'll see in time what I ultimately decide.

I've not yet looked into a silicone bowl for lather purposes. This is an interesting subject though as I've been toying with the idea for acquiring one. Normally I face lather. I have looked at scuttles more in depth but they're typically more expensive as well. We'll see in time what I ultimately decide.
IMG_20220720_191856771.jpg

IMG_20220720_191847372.jpg

Dollar Tree has these for 1.25.... Not too bad a price to try one and see what you think...

Thinking what would it be like to get a good shave wash your bowl and then go eat some salsa out of it. Lol
That might be a little bit better than washing the dog's bowl to shave with it.
Just kidding around a little bit I'm not serious.

lots of brushes and razors to choose from, but there does'nt seem to be a lot of choice when it comes to shaving bowls of a decent size,plenty of the mass produced ones on the various sales sites, but not ones that particularly appeal to me, i like some i see on Etsy, in fact i bought my black hand made one from Etsy, and i have another that i really like saved in my basket, have any of you guys got any good shaving bowls(not from the mass produced range) but something unusual and different 🤔
I can't speak highly enough of dirtybird scuttles!

Lol!

It's funny that you showed me this as I was doing a little silicone bowl hunting and found this...
View attachment 1495566

What do you think?
I guess that one would be okay. I mentioned the other one because it's not a lot of money .
Thinking what would it be like to get a good shave wash your bowl and then go eat some salsa out of it. Lol
That might be a little bit better than washing the dog's bowl to shave with it.
Just kidding around a little bit I'm not serious.
The silicone bowls work well for conserving space and for travel. I have one here in the hotel while our wood floors are being replaced from the damage....

I guess that one would be okay. I mentioned the other one because it's not a lot of money .

The silicone bowls work well for conserving space and for travel. I have one here in the hotel while our wood floors are being replaced from the damage....
I can see where they would work good and unbreakable too.

I have three bowls - an old giant latte cup in what ceramic with a handle. $1 thrift shop find and what I use exclusively. I also bought a water buffalo bowl some years ago but it now resides in my library holding a bunch of foreign coins. Lastly, I have some copper and brass bowl I believe are made in India. It too works well but it's become a decor piece in the bathroom. I'm not interested in bowls the way many others are. All of them work fine if their proportions are correct. I would guess, two thirds of the time, I'm face lathering now anyway (laziness, no other reason).

WOW, looks well made + its blue one of my favorite colors. Enjoy the warm or regular lather as you choose that day. You must have one of the largest shaving bowls & scuttle collections around if I recall.
My collection is quite large now,without actually counting,i'd say theres 15 or more,i'll maybe get them all together and take a pic this week😁

Top Bottom