What's new

shave bowls

Another one made for myself with fluted patterns inside
proxy.php

I want to show you a bowl that I’m especially proud of. In fact I made a lot of very different lathering ceramic bowls in peruse for perfect shape/texture/grip/size. But sometimes the simplest and not perfect solutions become favorite. This is porcelain in nerikomi technique.
proxy.php

I want to show you a bowl that I’m especially proud of. In fact I made a lot of very different lathering ceramic bowls in peruse for perfect shape/texture/grip/size. But sometimes the simplest and not perfect solutions become favorite. This is porcelain in nerikomi technique.
proxy.php
nice design😉👍🏼

Amazed you picked up on the Lunch Poems; I didn't notice it when I took my lousy photo. Off subject, but do you read James Schuyler?
image.jpg
I’m a huge fan. Also been in the book trade for decades, I love seeing books in the background of photos. Your’s stand out!

I am hugely impressed...a much bigger Schuyler collection than my own. I, too, worked in books, selling, publishing....
It’s a noble, if eccentric trade. Every time I think I’m about done I find a new interest- my current is British illustrators - Bawden, Nash, Revilious - which I got to through the New York School of poets. Are you an Edwin Denby fan as well? I also really like the visual artists that were working with those New York poets - Fairfield Porter for one. Shaving stuff is nice too!

linty1

My wallet cries.
FBD79253-469E-4EEA-BE40-E9A7CD7D1F52.jpeg

My shave bowls through the years, when I first started, I was face fathering, picked up a old spice mug from one of those pass it around boxes (from a fellow Canadian, truck driver if I remember correctly, shout out to you), after a while wanted something with a little more "swirl room", and found the wooden bowl on etsy. Loved it, until the finish started to go and wood started to split, was hitting it with food grade cutting board oil but got tired of doing that, so ponied up for the Dirty Bird. Another lovely vessel, but ultimately too finicky for me. Too hot and the lather breaks down, too cold and whats the point. Was running up and down stairs, waiting for water to bowl, thermometers to try and get a set temp down etc etc. Maybe I'll come back to it some day. And finally currently using a Fine bowl and liking it. I might pick up another for the day I accidently drop/ding this one.

I really like that Pereira bowl someone posted... the "unbreakable" part speaks to me.

contemplating ordering a Captains bowl this week to add to my little collection , but don't know wether to go for the ceramic XL or the copper, will a ceramic survive the journey to UK🤔, thoughts and opinions would be appreciated guys👍🏼

nice. what kind of filament? I just bought a ender 3 pro to make a setup like this. have any pics of a lather in the bowl? also where can I find the files? thanks....your my first post here....good times.😁💈
Yeggi and thingiverse or even stl finder should have the files. Sometimes its better to do a standard Google search for what you are looking for as the sites sometimes miss things actually on their own sites.

Top Bottom