What's new

Shave after shower... what about the fog?

I see everyone and their mother likes to shave right after they take a shower, but every time I try it the mirror is just horribly overrun with fog. I've tried spitting on it, placing a heater by it, wiping it profusely, etc. and it never works. Even if I leave the window open while I shower some of the evaporating water still lingers and winds up on the mirror. I'd love to leave the window open, but at 5-5:30 in the morning it's just cold as hell and I like to be comfortably warm when I shave, not to mention it's nice to have a warm beard and lather.

So how are you guys pulling this off? I'd like to shave in the morning sometimes, but I just can't if it's a workday.

I see everyone and their mother likes to take a shower right after they shave, but every time I try it the mirror is just horribly overrun with fog. I've tried spitting on it, placing a heater by it, wiping it profusely, etc. and it never works. Even if I leave the window open while I shower some of the evaporating water still lingers and winds up on the mirror. I'd love to leave the window open, but at 5-5:30 in the morning it's just cold as hell and I like to be comfortably warm when I shave, not to mention it's nice to have a warm beard and lather.

So how are you guys pulling this off? I'd like to shave in the morning sometimes, but I just can't if it's a workday.

i wash the mirror with some soap and rinse it off...that does the trick for me..:wink2: .

what kind of soap? hand soap? shave soap? face soap?

Believe it or not, use some of the foam in a can shave cream. Put some in your hand, wipe it on the mirror, then use a clean, DRY towel to wipe it off. It leaves an almost invisible film on the mirror that keeps it from fogging over. If you wash the mirror with any type of cleaner, It is gone.

Works very well.

Believe it or not, use some of the foam in a can shave cream. Put some in your hand, wipe it on the mirror, then use a clean, DRY towel to wipe it off. It leaves an almost invisible film on the mirror that keeps it from fogging over. If you wash the mirror with any type of cleaner, It is gone.

Works very well.

Great tip! Sounds much cheaper than using Rain-X, which I've heard also works.

Works very well.

This is what i've done in the past. Works a treat.

Works very well.

+1 on goo in can on mirror. That is actually the only reason we have the stuff... I tried it for shaving once, but that wasn't a big success. Great on mirrors though!

Works very well.

+1 on goo in can on mirror. That is actually the only reason we have the stuff... I tried it for shaving once, but that wasn't a big success. Great on mirrors though!

:blink: B&B re-vindicating goo in a can. Good tip but now I dont have any left. I shouldn't have thrown them all.:c3:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
You need better ventilation in your bathroom. Make sure your vent fan isn't clogged.

:blink: B&B re-vindicating goo in a can. Good tip but now I dont have any left. I shouldn't have thrown them all.:c3:

Yeah, I certainly didn't expect people recommending anyone using goo-in-a-can over here (and for shaving-related purposes no less)!

Showering before shaving is always the best. I too have the problem with fog. I solve it either by using warm water on the mirror or often just going to another bathroom to shave. But the real problem for me is that in the heat of the summer its just to warm. So I showe AFTER shaving and just try and use the best prep methods I can before shaving - I still get very good shaves. But I like it best in the colder seasons when showering beforehand is no problem.

Works very well.

WOW. If there is one single piece of valuable information that I've recieved from this board, that was it. That was incredible. I tried my damndest to fog that mirror up and it wouldn't budge. Thank you thank you thank you!

Top Bottom