What's new

Shave 2 and counting

Well it has been another 2 weeks, another 7 shave or so and all on the treet platinum blade. There is still cuts happening, but the biggest learning point was that more than 2 shave with that blade and the 3rd shave is a carnage, blood bath and major irritation. The first 2 shave always perform well.

Today was the first day of using a pre shave proraso white, it did help with the glide but I did not care much for its smell. For some reason there was some minty smell to it that did not settle well with me. The white proraso cream still work well for me.

I am about to pull the trigger on a few more items, a Merkur 34 C razor to see if this bring some difference as well as some Nivea shaving cream. I was about to get the proraso post shave white but with the smell of the pre shave not sure I want to go this way at this point. I guess I will have to keep researching and see what will work best.

Maybe try Stirling Shave soap. I tried it recently and now I never touched my Art of shaving cream.

For my neck, I've realized that the hair grows in different areas in different directions, so making sure I shave WTG in each area has been something I've been working on.

I'm using a Rockwell 6C which has 6 settings from very mild to more aggressive. Maybe look into an adjustable razor?

Your first experience with a DE razor sounds like mine. It wasn't much fun. Just give it time and keep practicing and the skills will come.

Top Bottom