What's new

Sharps After Shave Gel

This is my first post to B&B, so please don't be too hard on this newbie.

I have been using Sharps Aftershave Gel http://sharpsusa.stores.yahoo.net/aftershavebalm.html for a few months now and find it quite nice. It has a great "barber shop" scent and air drys quite fast. Does anyone else have any experience with this product?

I can't actually locate any mention of Sharps products on B&B. Perhaps they don't make enough shaving products to warrant much discussion. In any case, the aftershave gel is quite nice.

Cheers,
Danny

I've seen it I believe, but never used it. I'm pretty sure this is the stuff I've seen at Target when I buy my Prorase pre-shave. It's in the "Men's Spa" section. They have shaving gel's aftershave gel's etc... Never gave it much thought since I had never heard mention of it anywhere either. :confused1

Hello Danny,
Never heard of it...now I'm curious. I guess I'll have to make room here for this after shave now ! :biggrin:

Thank you all for your kind greetings!

I, too, have noticed Sharps products for sale at Target (right next to the Proraso). Interestingly, none of the items sold in Target are also sold at the Sharps's web site. It looks like they have some private formulations for Target.

The after shave gel that is on the Sharps web site (not Target) is quite pleasant: good consistency and nice aroma. I am still in the experimental phase with many wet shaving products, so I don't know how this gel stacks-up against some established favorites, but I have enjoyed it. I have also tried their shaving gel (I know: a no-no!) and shampoo: they're very nice too.

Thanks again for the kind greetings!

Cheers,

While I haven't tried their Aftershave, I have tried their Bath Wash.

I use their Blue Mint/spearmint scented Bath wash. I find that its a great scent that is pretty invigorating, but not overpowering (a plus as I like to use cologne after a shower). I think the product is very good, and foams quite a bit, so a little bit seems to go a long way.

They seem to be a good product, and at the Target near me, they are almost always low in stock.

rusirius said:
I've seen it I believe, but never used it. I'm pretty sure this is the stuff I've seen at Target when I buy my Prorase pre-shave. It's in the "Men's Spa" section. They have shaving gel's aftershave gel's etc... Never gave it much thought since I had never heard mention of it anywhere either. :confused1

I'm a big fan of Sharps products. The line that this thread author posted a link to is not the same one found in Target. The difference in quality is vast, & I would avoid the Target stuff if possible. The only exception to that statement would be the toner, which is excellent, but highly fragranced.

The Sharps shaving gel is quite good, but it's intended to be entirely brushless. Don't even try to lather it. I would place it high in my own personal top 10.

I'm using the aftershave balm now. Again, I can recommend it as well. It's a light gel that I prefer to use in hot, humid weather. A little goes a long way though. Using too much can leave you face a bit sticky, so go easy on this stuff.

I've tried just about everything in the line, so if you want more detailed reviews on any other products, just let me know.

EDIT:The guys at Sharps are big on try before you buy. If you email them at [email protected] they are very generous with samples.

I discovered Sharps Bald Head Balm when I started shaving my head. I put it on before going out.

I decided to try the kid glove hydrating gel as an aftershave. I like it; but you have to be careful not to use too much.

And two hours ago I got a fedex package with the shave gel and soap.

Best of all is their slogan: "Barber-tested on guys, not animals"

For the curious their web site is http://www.sharpsusa.com/v2/home.php

Top Bottom