What's new

SharpieB Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Member Interviews - Meet Member SharpieB

131813.jpg

@SharpieB has been a member of B&B since Jul 21, 2020

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I decided to get back into wetshaving a few years ago and a web search pulled up B&B. I lurked for a while and eventually joined. I became a member as the B&B members seemed to be very knowledgeable, helpful and drama free. Just a bunch of gentlemen discussing the finer points of wetshaving. I used a straight razor and a DE when I was a teenager as my grandfather was a barber all of his working life and he taught me how to properly shave, but life, job and kids intervened and I spent a couple of decades using the multi-blade disposables for convenience. It is good to be back.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I am a sales executive that sells communications software to large Canadian banks. I have been in high tech sales and sales management for 30 years.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born in Toronto, Canada and still love the city. It is big, busy and expensive but I still love its vibrancy and multiculturalism. I am a big fan of eastern Ontario (Kingston is great) and could also easily live in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Tough one. I can’t see ever leaving the Toronto area for good but I would love to winter in the Caribbean and Arizona or possibly Florida or Texas.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Lots. I have been a musician (bass player) all of my life and gigged weekly until COVID hit so I have quite a collection of all things guitar. I am also into fine wine, bourbon and scotch, good cigars and have too many knives and watches. Too many razors, colognes, shaving soaps and shaving brushes is a given. I am also a big hockey, baseball and football fan and like to get out on the golf course. I am also an avid reader and love the outdoors.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

I change my avatar quite often but my current avatar is a bottle of Zirkova Vodka. It is make in the Ukraine and I like it.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

Jesus Christ or Leonardo da Vinci.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Visit Europe. Strangely haven’t made it across the pond yet. We are hopefully going on a cruise to Italy, Portugal, Turkey and Greece in October so another item checked off my bucket list hopefully.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

My kids. I have two boys and a girl. We can get on each other’s nerves but we are lucky to have each other.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Don’t sweat the small stuff. One time years ago when I had a particularly rough and stressful day at work, my grandfather asked me if anything that happened that day would be important to me in a year or a decade. Of course, it wasn’t.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

Invisibility. I could get into a lot of trouble, but it would be fun.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

Red Panda. My daughter LOVES red pandas!

13. What kind of music do you like?

Everything. I am a rock/metal guy at heart but also enjoy top 40, new country, funk, classical, etc. I dislike very few music genres.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Tony Stark/Iron Man for sure. Dysfunctional, yes… but super rich by day and one of the coolest superheros by night. And he’s got all of the gadgets.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

“If he can’t be himself, who can he be?”

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
* (thought in my head)

MAN! that @SharpieB 's head is going to get even BIGGER after all these compliments! Hope he only believes about half of this stuff. It takes a man as humble as I am to be able to handle the kind of accolades I'm reading here.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Great interview!

I've spent a lot of time in Toronto. Years ago I had a friend that lived in an apartment building at Bay and Charles. That made a good base camp. I have a cousin that lives in Richmond Hill. She was a bass player and her and her husband started a band called Tempest, an Iron Maiden Tribute band, that use to play at The Gasworks now and then. Those were the days!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@SharpieB is an all-around good guy:thumbup:, but I do have some questions about his sanity, as he met up with me and then came back a second and third time.:letterk1: Although maybe it was a penance-type of thing. 🤔

Great interview! Of course you like "huckey", don't know of many Canadians that don't. As a US citizen, I worked for one of the larger food manufacturers in Canada for 17 years. Sure miss those times. Canadians treat their employees well.
Thanks again!

Top Bottom