What's new

Sharpest cartridge razors???

How do you measure sharpness? All I read on this post is opinions. What is the measure of sharpness?

There is an objective test of sharpness for DE blades. For a description of that test, see:

Razor Blade Sharpness Testing - https://www.refinedshave.com/razor-blade-sharpness-testing/ f

Because cartridge razors have multiple blades in one head, I do not see any way of testing sharpness objectively.

Those of us who have tougher beards can distinguish very sharp blades from less sharp blades by the degree of tugging when we shave. I have a tough, white-haired, old-man beard. My subjective experience with most DE blades parallels the objective tests shown on the Refined Shave web site. I like the blades that are at the sharpest end of the test data.

Because the blades in a cartridge razor are thinner than a DE blade, most cartridge razors are pretty sharp. I do not shave with cartridge razors very often, but I find that BIC Flex 5 Hybrid razors are among the sharper ones out there. That does not surprise me as BIC DE blades are one of the very sharpest DE blades.

Top Bottom