What's new

Sharp Star Review; Another Great Russian

Been looking forward to trying this blade. I haven't seen much written about it. My favorite blade is the Rapira Platinum Lux made by the same company, Mostochlegmash.
Have tried a couple of Rapira's SS blades, and they have done a good job, but find that Platinum blade give me a much better shave.

To save a little time this morning, I shaved late last night. I normally shave every other day, but since I wanted to test this blade out and had nowhere to be yesterday, gave it the the growth of another day to take off

Used my Futur Clone and a Bay Rum soap sample from an Ebay seller. Had the WTG pass set at 2.5, XTG at 4, and ATG at 5.

Recently, I tried the Zorrik Super Platinum, and the Sharp Star matched it for a wonderful smooth, clean close shave. Again, it was like there wasn't a blade in the razor. Kept seeing the whiskers coming off the face, rinsing off the blade, but so smooth I couldn't feel it. The result was another BBS without a lot of effort to achieve it. Even after a night's sleep, my face is smooth, looking and feeling great. Like most guys, under the neck is the most difficult spot to shave. This blade left my neck extremely clean. No tugging, no irritation.

Will be trying this blade in my other razors, and see if it does as well as the Zorrik & RPL have done for me.

As always... YMMV.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Great review! Sounds like another great Russian blade! I need to put this one on my 'to try' list!!

I’ve tried a few Sharp Stars and I’ve found that I can’t really tell the difference between them and the Rapira Platinum Lux. They’re both made by Mostochlegmash and both perform with about exactly the same sharpness, smoothness, and longevity.

I reviewed them 3-4 months ago and stated “it’s a Rapira Platinum Lux.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder which market these Sharp Star blades were marketed to? Is there any text on the boxes that is not cyrillic.
MM879

Sharp Stars work great for me , and if I remember some old research , they are marketed to the U.A.E....
That makes a lot of sense. The font used on the "Platinum" text looks like something that might be use on products in middle east.
MM879

I really like them, just got 100 shipped in from Russia. They sent a tuck of Rapira Platinum Lux and they performed identical to me.

Sharp Stars work great for me , and if I remember some old research , they are marketed to the U.A.E....
I currently have 300 of these and tonite I shaved using a Muhle r96 and a Sharp Star and got a great BBS shave.I think they are discontinued now as they were only produced in 2012.There is no doubt that these are one of the best blades I've ever used.A seller from Russia sells them for 15 a hundred....I think I'll get another 100 and give some of my razor stash away.They last and last smooth and sharp.

I currently have 300 of these and tonite I shaved using a Muhle r96 and a Sharp Star and got a great BBS shave.I think they are discontinued now as they were only produced in 2012.There is no doubt that these are one of the best blades I've ever used.A seller from Russia sells them for 15 a hundred....I think I'll get another 100 and give some of my razor stash away.They last and last smooth and sharp.
$15 is not to much for 100 quality blades, they will please you with many great shaves !

From what I read they were made for a Pakistan based trading Co.
I wanted to test these but not keen to pull the trigger, given I find Voshkhod, and GSBs to be not sharp enough for my liking. Even Nacets didn't work for me.
Can some chime in on these blades sharpness.
For reference I am happy camper with Polsilver and Gillette Blacks.

I really like them, just got 100 shipped in from Russia. They sent a tuck of Rapira Platinum Lux and they performed identical to me.
I really like the Rapira Platinum Lux. They are a blade with their own personality. I find them working well in all conditions.

Top Bottom