What's new

Sharp star blades

So after the discussion on the rapira thread and based on the advice in that thread I bought 100 of the sharp star blades. I'm excited to get them and try them. Who has used them and what are your thoughts. Also when I get them I will use them and post my thoughts on the blade.

Also do they need to be in a mild razor or are they smooth enough to use in just about any razor.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
They get a little love on the forum. I think you will be fine with these blades. Keep us posted when you try them out.

I understand that the Sharp Star blades are manufactured by JSC Mostochlegmash, the same company that produces Voskhod, Rapira, and Ladas blades. Has anyone compared them side by side to the other blades from the same factory? If so, how to they rate?

I have tried Voskhod and Rapira Platinum Lux and find them to be good, mid-sharp blades. For my beard, that puts them in a similar category to 7 O'Clock SS Green, Gillette Platinum and Gillette Silver Blue and Polsilver.

I understand that the Sharp Star blades are manufactured by JSC Mostochlegmash, the same company that produces Voskhod, Rapira, and Ladas blades. Has anyone compared them side by side to the other blades from the same factory? If so, how to they rate?

I have tried Voskhod and Rapira Platinum Lux and find them to be good, mid-sharp blades. For my beard, that puts them in a similar category to 7 O'Clock SS Green, Gillette Platinum and Gillette Silver Blue and Polsilver.

On the rapira platinum lux thread they were said to be better than the Platinum lux blades. People said they were just as sharp but smoother than the Platinum lux blades

So I have been using the sharp star blades and they are nice. The first shave is a little smoother than the rapira platinum lux blades. After that I cannot really tell a difference between the two blades. With that said I do like them as well as the rapira platinum lux. I am glad the rapira blades are still made. From what I can tell the sharp stars were only made in 2012. So they are going to get hard to find. There isn't a huge difference between the two blades so that is nice that I won't be loosing out on a tremendously better blade when I can't find the sharp star blades.

So after the discussion on the rapira thread and based on the advice in that thread I bought 100 of the sharp star blades. I'm excited to get them and try them. Who has used them and what are your thoughts. Also when I get them I will use them and post my thoughts on the blade.
I don’t know if anyone has ever used these “SHARP STAR”⭐🌟 💫 Platinum blades but I got one of those shaves that you remember for a long time... The type of shaves when you get a BBS with ZERO IRRITATION! You know the ones were you put the splash on and get absolutely NO BURN ❌😵

I’ve used them here and there and always got these type of results and that’s why I never used them all. Wanted to stretch them out, kind of like what people do with PolSilvers. Might end up just buying a 100 and slipping them into my top 6 or 7 favorite blades. 💈😁🤙🏻💈

I don’t know if anyone has ever used these “SHARP STAR”⭐🌟 💫 Platinum blades but I got one of those shaves that you remember for a long time... The type of shaves when you get a BBS with ZERO IRRITATION! You know the ones were you put the splash on and get absolutely NO BURN ❌😵

I’ve used them here and there and always got these type of results and that’s why I never used them all. Wanted to stretch them out, kind of like what people do with PolSilvers. Might end up just buying a 100 and slipping them into my top 6 or 7 favorite blades. 💈😁🤙🏻💈
And I think the reason why I wanted to stretch them out it’s because I heard that they don’t produce them anymore or we’re going to start production , either way they are very good blades so I kinda treated them as Gold, but don’t think that is the case anyone.

Necro thread back from the dead? I have about 50 remaining of these blades. I enjoy Rapira Platinum Lux and I think the Sharp Plat blades are good but really not any better. Better off getting RPL blades.

Twenty-five of us are testing them, right now, in the "Shave For The Stars" Challenge PIF. So far, most of us find them smooth and comfortable. Longevity is good, as well.

And I think the reason why I wanted to stretch them out it’s because I heard that they don’t produce them anymore or we’re going to start production , either way they are very good blades so I kinda treated them as Gold, but don’t think that is the case anyone.

Sharp Stars were a limited-edition item, only produced in 2012. I heard that they might have been made for Mostochlegmash's 110th anniversary. Might be hard to find nowadays, so you might as well grab them if you can find them. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom