What's new

Sharp Blade, Bad Shave. Bevel Angle???

Spine width is 5.16mm and blade width is 15.24mm. If you toss those into a calculator you’ll get around 19.5*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The way blade width is measured will influence your final results.

Are you measuring the width from the tip of the edge to the back of the hone wear?

Or, is the width you're using going from apex all the way to the very back of the spine?

For what its worth, even if that 19.5 degrees angle is accurate that shaving angle is within a range that could still function well enough.

The way blade width is measured will influence your final results.

Are you measuring the width from the tip of the edge to the back of the hone wear?

Or, is the width you're using going from apex all the way to the very back of the spine?

For what its worth, even if that angle is accurate that shaving angle is within a range that would still function well enough.

Yes, the width measurement is from top of hone wear to the cutting edge. I don’t think the higher angle is necessarily bad, but depends on the razor. I have some gold dollars on higher end that shave fine. I also have some other blades around 20* that shave poorly. I am surprised though that the ERN came in that high...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I have razors that high of an angle I usually find them more comfortable if I push them out on pasted Balsa. In general I prefer to use natural finishes but on my koza (bevel angle 19.2) I found it much more comfortable after hitting the pastes.

Top Bottom