What's new

SHARK WEEK!!

I’m ready!

38BFD3C7-34AA-4682-89E4-D7EBB8481902.jpeg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
It was time to change blades today so I loaded a Shark stainless in the old Super Speed. A couple days training for the live action!

Arko-Sharko!

I started Shark Week this morning. My Astra blade was starting to tug, so I binned it and loaded a Shark blade. I’m pleasantly surprised. I got a good close shave with zero nicks and irritation.

I started Shark Week this morning. My Astra blade was starting to tug, so I binned it and loaded a Shark blade. I’m pleasantly surprised. I got a good close shave with zero nicks and irritation.

Be careful!! Those Sharks can BITE!! :a47::a47::a47:

Now this has complicated my life. Day two was again smooth, nick and irritation free. The blades don’t seem all that sharp, but they get the job done comfortably and efficiently. Maybe it’s because I’m back to using MWF? Anyway, when I’m ready to buy blades I’m not sure what I’ll buy now.

I plan to start the week with a RR .68 JAWS and a fresh Shark SS. I will chum the water with MWF and some home brew shave oil.

I am not shaving today but will be selecting my first blade and laying out my gear for tomorrow’s shave. Just not sure where to start - Platinum, SC or SS. The challenges of the modern day shaver!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My plan has been hatched. I will start this evening. 2 rounds in alphabetic order: Platinum, SC and SS. First round using a fresh blade on 1 day of growth, followed by a second round on 2 days of growth. All shaves using the same razor and soap (with a badger brush): GC .84 SB and Truefitt & Hill 1805 (cream). This means my final shave will take place on Sunday - one week after the official start.

Now this has complicated my life. Day two was again smooth, nick and irritation free. The blades don’t seem all that sharp, but they get the job done comfortably and efficiently. Maybe it’s because I’m back to using MWF? Anyway, when I’m ready to buy blades I’m not sure what I’ll buy now.

What’s not to like?? Smooth, comfortable and irritation-free: looks sublime from here!! :a29:

Top Bottom