What's new

SHARK WEEK: July 24-31!!

This was posted today in the July GRUME thread.:letterk1: Be sure to open the attachments to see the photos.

Here was today's sequel:
ATTENTION ALL VIEWERS

We interrupt this forum to bring you this special B&B update…

(***Before our reader(s) continue, please read the above link from yesterday morning. (^^^^)***)

Now to the News

Yesterday the world was astonished when @tjsgarden announced his daring, brave, courageous and perhaps foolish shaving attempt. Internet forums, major news networks and millions of shavers around the world were in awe of this man’s bold intentions.

At the conclusion of the special event, some critics and networks were speechless!

Other commentators shared some of the following quotes.

“This guy should be nominated for an Academy Award, it was that good.”

“I give the the performance 5 stars. It was amazing,”

“It was like I was being hypnotized. I had to remind myself to breath.”

“I think the whole thing was a fake. Nobody could possibly do that.”

“Is he really that crazy"

Arko Thursday, a “Jaws” razor and a Super Sharp, Sleek, Shiny Smooth Sublime, Stealth Slicing Select SHARK SS (that’s one of those alliterations again) blade were utilized with stupendous skill, sensitivity and steady supreme dexterity.

A big shock was the announcement this morning.

@tjsgarden quietly told those in attendance his decision to perform the entire procedure using ice water in the sink and a stainless steel cup with ice cubes to keep the razor cold. The one viewer, I mean the crowd was silent and then burst out in applause!

One source said “the man’s fingers were shaking and turned blue due to the extreme cold conditions.” A lady said “ That razor was so cold it has frost on it!”

Theme music from the movie JAWS was playing during the entire experience.

As a side note, @tjsgarden had to (cut) the performance short.

We caught up with him about three hours later. His face was covered with a hoodie, obviously to protect his anonymiity. He said the shave went “pretty good with the exception of needing 6 band-aids and 22 stitches.” He noted that the ambulance workers and hospital staff were all very friendly!

When asked what could top his incredible performance, this crazy man said “ Shark Week is coming up and I dying to start Arko August."

*********This epic event will be streamed during Shark Week, the 24th thru 31st of this month.*********

DVDs will be available for the low price of $89.00, BUT WAIT, if you order NOW, during the next 10 minutes, the entire production is available for $0.99 cents ( plus shipping, handling, processing and numerous other fees)

Comments

The Cold Water-Arko-JAWS-Sharko shave on Thursday was actually very nice.

I hope some of you guys will check out the Shark Week and Arko August threads.

On the 7th Day of GRUME

Still IN!

GOOD DAY! :letterk1::letterk1::letterk1:

What I found out, with the help of others here on B&B, is that it is perfect for blades that perform not so good in mild razors. Put them into the Progress and crank it up to 4-5 and most of them shave like a dream.

Blades that are originally on the sharper end should be treated more cautiously on lower settings though.
I would also like to say.. Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it a lot...

Nope. You got it all wrong. We need blood in the water. :lol:

Besides, I have a few Shark razors. So, logically @BigJ. Do Shark razors qualify? If so, do they qualify if used with blades other than Shark?

Great point! Jaws (and logically) Shark razors should qualify (subject to objections from other guys).

You could also load a Shark or Jaws blade (which I just learned about) in your Shark razor, in other words ’double SHARK!!’ :letterk1::letterk1::letterk1::letterk1:

I watched the original JAWS movie last night as a warm up for SHARK week. I have seen this movie most years since its debut in 1975. This year it was even more enjoyable because I will be participating in SHARK WEEK!

Also, This coming Monday, the family is going to Gulf Shores in Alabama. The trip was planned a couple months ago before I had any thoughts about sharks.

I can still hear the movie theme music in my head...
It makes my heart pound to the beat...
Its going to take some nerve to get in the water!!!
On second thought, maybe I should have watched the movie AFTER I return home!!!

Good Day! :letterk1:

This morning I put shave # 5 on my shark super chrome in my SB90. It was such a smooth, effortless shave. I thought to myself, "This year's shark week is going to be a pleasure cruise. I must be pretty good to have mastered the shark!" And then I went to flip the blade so I could get maybe another 5 out of it...

1657403659603.png

Steve Urkel Oops GIF

Guess I didn't have a shark in the razor. So that puts the fear in me again for shark week. :eek2:

I watched the original JAWS movie last night as a warm up for SHARK week. I have seen this movie most years since its debut in 1975. This year it was even more enjoyable because I will be participating in SHARK WEEK!

Also, This coming Monday, the family is going to Gulf Shores in Alabama. The trip was planned a couple months ago before I had any thoughts about sharks.

I can still hear the movie theme music in my head...
It makes my heart pound to the beat...
Its going to take some nerve to get in the water!!!
On second thought, maybe I should have watched the movie AFTER I return home!!!

Good Day! :letterk1:
My Wife and Daughter just returned from a long weekend in Gulf Shores. Small world.

I’m in again.

Still have two shark blades. Shark platinum super stainless. Both were generous gifts from one well-known B&B member. Thank you! One of them is still brand new. The other had its maiden voyage, Shark Week 2020. It currently has 45 shaves on it.

I do enjoy a good old straight razor shave. So there may be times when I can't help but scratch that itch. However, if I do, I will also add a touch-up pass with the old shark.

Top Bottom