What's new

Shark Tank

I’m a fan of Shark Tank. I’ve been watching for some time. Sure Kevin is a blowhard. But it is a nice mix of some high level business and entertainment. I like hearing what people who have made their money from scratch speaking their minds. So tonight my wife heads upstairs to go to bed and I turn on a new episode. And who do they have on the panel? Bethenny Frankel. She’s known for being a TV personality. And her net worth is paltry compared to everyone else at $25 million. Even Barbara Corcoran has a net with of $40 million. I actually think the threshold to be a panelist should be $100 million. But because of Frankel I’m thinking of not watching it anymore. So far Frankel has come out with some ridiculously idiotic commentary. They are ruining the show.

Oh man. And now they have A-Rod on the panel. He’s a drug taking prima donna. I think I’m done.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
While I understand the infatuation with the tank, I just can't get into it. And A-Rod doesn't make it any more interesting.

I’m a fan of the show as I’m working on an innovation on the side currently and would love to go on there.

I agree, they seem to have “jumped the shark” with the show this season. I don’t want to see simply rich people up there throwing money at a deal. Part of the enjoyment is hearing real business evaluation and deal making.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you're claim to fame is "TV Personality" that has to do with staring on reality TV shows I would not consider you a business man/woman. I never heard of this person before so had to go look her up and that's all it says. And no reason to be on Shark Tank. Let me stand up there with a million dollar idea and have someone whose success comes from being on reality TV make me an offer.....thanks, but I'll pass.

I haven't watched Shark Tank for a long time. Sounds like I'm not missing anything.

A-rod and Bethany is the ultimate jumping the tank. I skipped A-rod episode and watched an enjoyable Curb your enthusiasm. Far more enjoyable.

I found Frankel to be more insightful than Sacca, but I suppose a recorder shouting "Uber, Uber, Uber" would be better than Sacca. She did build Skinny Girl into a large brand. A-rod is very dull though.

I found Frankel to be more insightful than Sacca, but I suppose a recorder shouting "Uber, Uber, Uber" would be better than Sacca. She did build Skinny Girl into a large brand. A-rod is very dull though.

A-Rod is a non-event. And I suspect that Frankel hired someone who built the brand. I can’t see her doing much of anything.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Oh man. And now they have A-Rod on the panel. He’s a drug taking prima donna. I think I’m done.
Chech out “Dragons Den”, a Canadian version ... methinks still pre-shark-jump and free from useless gimmick hosts.

Chech out “Dragons Den”, a Canadian version ... methinks still pre-shark-jump and free from useless gimmick hosts.

Interestingly enough, Kevin O'Leary and Robert Herjavec are both Canadian and I believe the two of them started the show in Canada first which was called the Dragons Den. That show is based upon a Japanese show called Tigers of Money. Regardless, adding A-Rod and Frankel just dilutes the brand and the quality of the business discussion that takes place on the show.

Top Bottom