What's new

Shark SuperChrome, some thoughts

I used the Shark Super Chrome during Shark Week. They were okay, but not remarkable.

I hate the Shark Super Chromes. They are not sharp enough for my beard. However, I did take a chance on purchasing a 100 Shark Platinum blades. They are not my favorite blades, but they were well worth the $9 cost.

Shark Chromes are a great bargain blade for me but live in that grouping of blades that are perfectly fine to use but are just a touch less 'enjoyable' than others. I don't expect them to perform quite at the level of Russian blades that cost 2X as much ... even if they give me 90% of the same experience.

If cost or availability were an issue I'd be perfectly content to use them every day. I also don't dread sticking them in my razors when I feel the urge to use one.

I hate the Shark Super Chromes. They are not sharp enough for my beard. However, I did take a chance on purchasing a 100 Shark Platinum blades. They are not my favorite blades, but they were well worth the $9 cost.
I find the Platinums to be the best of the Shark line for my face.

When I first joined Badger & Blade, over 10 years ago, I probably tried 50 or 60 different blades. There was a blade exchange thread.

I learned that all our faces are different, and blades that others really liked, I threw away after one stroke on my face! And the reverse is also true, I really liked blades that others did not like.

I finally settled on Shark Super Chrome, and with proper face prep, I get 6 good shaves from one blade.

When I first joined Badger & Blade, over 10 years ago, I probably tried 50 or 60 different blades. There was a blade exchange thread.

I learned that all our faces are different, and blades that others really liked, I threw away after one stroke on my face! And the reverse is also true, I really liked blades that others did not like.

I finally settled on Shark Super Chrome, and with proper face prep, I get 6 good shaves from one blade.

Im still finding blades smoother and smoother for my face and do go back to the others and still feel the difference

I finally tried all of the Shark blades during Shark Week. I like the Premiums, do not like the Chromes (they tugged), and I really like the Stainless blades. The Stainless just work like butter on my skin and have become one of my favorite blades. And all because of Shark Week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I finally tried all of the Shark blades during Shark Week. I like the Premiums, do not like the Chromes (they tugged), and I really like the Stainless blades. The Stainless just work like butter on my skin and have become one of my favorite blades. And all because of Shark Week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1! I agree, the three Shark options are different! All are worth a try, especially at the price!! :a29:

Lol, I cannot fathom only using a blade for two or three shaves. Have always gotten a lot of shaves out of any razor type.

But suit yourself! It is, after all, your face, not mine.

If you have a razor that isnt a slant try one in that and see of its any better...sometimes a blade may be good in a slant for you or in a normal de..there is a world of difference in them ive come to recently find

Lol, I cannot fathom only using a blade for two or three shaves. Have always gotten a lot of shaves out of any razor type.

But suit yourself! It is, after all, your face, not mine.

There are a lot of things that affect blade life. Blade quality is only one of them.

Some guys do one, or perhaps two pass shaves and can get lots of shaves (even 100) out of a blade. I do four pass shaves. The only safety razor blade that will last me more than 3-4 shaves is the Chinese made Schick single edge injector razor blade. I might get 5-6 from it. Even when using a straight razor, about 5-6 shaves is all I can get before the edge is either too dull for my tough beard or too rough on my sensitive skin.

BTW- Although Feather blades are plenty sharp, I can't even make it through the third shave before the edge starts feeling harsh on my skin. I am not the only one to have that issue with Feather blades.

Each of us is different, so we have to make choices based on what works for our beard and our skin. If you can get lost of shaves from each blade, you are fortunate.

It's like taking two sips out of a cup of coffee and then getting another one, or two bites out of a steak.

Then again, my current average of shaves per blade is 64. Shark SuperChrome lasted 74 or 75 I think.

It's like taking two sips out of a cup of coffee and then getting another one, or two bites out of a steak.

Then again, my current average of shaves per blade is 64. Shark SuperChrome lasted 74 or 75 I think.

I can’t normally go more than 6 shaved on a blade. I get horrible ingrown hairs, if the blade cuts the hair uneven/jagged.

I love the Shark blades, but prefer the super stainless over the super chrome; I find it a little smoother. No way could I get that many shaves out of a blade, though!

After 40 years of DE shaving Shark SS is the only blade I use.
They give easily a weeks worth of super close,super smooth , super comfortable shaves (I shave daily) .

I have never tried to get more than a week's shave out of a blade because they are so cheap it's not really worth it.

But blades are the most YMMV thing out there so any "review" on them is pretty much a personal opinion...

What razor are you using to achieve these feats of blade longevity? For me I find SC they are too dull in the first shave. I can imagine SC they must be like using a spoon after 7 shaves let alone 75. I guess it's a classic case of YMMV.

What razor are you using to achieve these feats of blade longevity? For me I find SC they are too dull in the first shave. I can imagine SC they must be like using a spoon after 7 shaves let alone 75. I guess it's a classic case of YMMV.

I put the Shark Super Chrome blades in the same category as Merkur and Derby Extra. They are the worst blades I have ever used. They are too dull for my beard. I have tried them but I cannot even use them for a single pass. They rip the hairs out rather than cutting them. I am sure they work for some people, but not for me.

I do not like Astra SP blades, either, but at least they are sharper than the three I mentioned above.

Top Bottom