What's new

Shark Super Stainless

Not sure if the Shark Super Stainless blade has been reviewed before. I tried it out last week. Not the sharpest blade I've ever used but it's very smooth. No razor burns and no discomfort. Especially around my neck area. Managed 3 good shaves with this blade.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG20200616133043.jpg
    IMG20200616133043.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 29
The Shark SC may also be worth a try. I find them to be solid, mid-tier blades. :clap::clap:
I started with the Shark SC because I had read a review where someone claimed that the Shark SS made his face look like it had been bitten by a shark :biggrin1:

And the Shark SC was really nice, so at some point I thought that I should try the Shark SS too, because how much worse could it be? Well, it felt a little sharper and I liked it better :)

Just goes to show that in the shaving world reviews can be so subjective.

I find them a bit prickly. Not uncomfortably so but just enough I don't reach for them very often. I enjoy the Shark Chromes and Platinums quite a bit.

I started with the SS for about a year then switched to the SC and have been using those for a couple years now. I recently have been trying some Silver Stars once again and they may be replacing the SC's in the near future!! Regardless, I think Lord makes some of the best blades out there...

Shark SS is great for me,but,I feel this blade is not so durable.
I often feel stuck when shave with the 3-4 times used Shark SS.
I always throw away Shark within 3-5 uses.Mottainai.

Shark SS is great for me,but,I feel this blade is not so durable.
I often feel stuck when shave with the 3-4 times used Shark SS.
I always throw away Shark within 3-5 uses.Mottainai.
After the 5th shave or so, there is hardly any deterioration up to 10+th one (I can't remember for how many shaves I kept mine in the past). So, if you place it in an aggressive razor, you might be surprised.

I toss mine after 5 shaves or so anyway, because they are cheap and why not consistently enjoy some buttery smoothness?

Reactions: NPK
Shark SS was my first 100 blade purchase. They were a great blade to begin shaving with a DE blade and razor. In my experience I would get 3-4 shaves before the blade lost its edge. As my technique improved, I moved on to better blades.

Had an amazing shave today using one, fourth shave on that particular blade. I'm pretty new to DE shaving but I like it. Better than the SC. I usually need a cleanup pass but today I just didn't have anything to do on that pass.

I also like the Astra SS better than the SP.

Top Bottom