What's new

Shark super chrome

what say you gents and ladies on the Egyptian Shark Super Chrome, by Lord.

My first time trying these. My razor, the Rockwell 2C is always set to 3 These are sharp, not like a feather, but also not as smooth as a feather. My first shave was meh, the second seemed better.

What say you

Lord makes generally good blades. No experience with Shark Chromes but have a hundred Shark Stainless. No complaints about them, there are better blades such as Astras at about the same price though. But Sharks have a great name and great imagary.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I found them to be short lived, and a little tuggy, but very smooth. However, they are also cheap, so I don't mind them lasting as long. They still pass the value test for me, as they are less than a penny a shave.

I have a 100 of the Shark SC yellows. Good blade. They don't last very long but I've never had an issue with them.

Capture.JPG

Shark super chrome were terrible for me when I tried them. Lots of tugging, pulling, and just not smooth for me. Granted this was when I was doing the blade sampler pack trying to find the right blade when I was starting out but when I tried the Feather blades after the Shark it was night and day. I threw the Shark blades away and didn't give them a second chance. Maybe now that my skills are better I should give them a second chance?

Been about a year since I used the Shark SC from my sample packs. I really liked them and they were one of my favourite blades. Not yet used the Shark SS but I will be soon for fixed 4 for March.

I really liked them, got some from a PIF and enjoying them know.
I agree they don’t last as long, but they’re sharp and smooth for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a tuck to try. When I bought my Parker 87 (dog) they came with them. I'll try them but I hear 50 50 split on these. One cannot opine until I crack the tuck and load one up. Next week perhaps.

Lord makes generally good blades. No experience with Shark Chromes but have a hundred Shark Stainless. No complaints about them, there are better blades such as Astras at about the same price though. But Sharks have a great name and great imagary.

that's my grandson's favorite, BTW.

I used a Shark Super Stainless today. Rockwell 6c R4. Ho hum - a bit "what happened there?" A bit below Derby Extra in sharpness imho. Had to finish off the bits that wouldn't plough/scrape off by using a Personna.

Shark super chrome were terrible for me when I tried them. Lots of tugging, pulling, and just not smooth for me. Granted this was when I was doing the blade sampler pack trying to find the right blade when I was starting out but when I tried the Feather blades after the Shark it was night and day. I threw the Shark blades away and didn't give them a second chance. Maybe now that my skills are better I should give them a second chance?

Sometimes there a couple of blades that are just bad like you've mentioned. I've come across them from time to time. You could try again to see what happens.

Tried the Shark again today, this time with plate 6 in the Rockwell. It cleared the stubble nicely for a very fair shave with some neck irritation. I'm glad that I could complete the whole shave with it this time. It has gone up a little in my estimation, but not a lot.

Top Bottom