What's new

Shark (Super Chrome - Super Stainless) review.

I used up a 100 pack of the super stainless and had to say they were great. I believe my face just became used to them because I solely used them for about a year. I then switched to dorco 300 and am still working through 100 of those but would gladly use a shark any day.

Not sure I've ever felt tug like this from a blade on its first shave. However, as long as the shaves are irritation free, I'll keep using it. I'll up the setting on the Gillette and see how it performs.

I going to have to revise my initial impression of Shark Super Chrome because the gap adjuster on my recently acquired Gillette Super Adjustable wasn't working. I was probably shaving at a setting 1 and incrementing it up wasn't moving the blade tray, so no change in the shaves. Before I fixed the Super Adjustable I moved the Shark to a Blue Tip and got a good shave.

@Bookworm
How are you getting on with the Super Chrome blades? I have been testing one in my 37C, (which I used this morning), and am 4 shaves in on it and am finding it to be pretty much in line with my experiences of the Super Stainless blades that I purchased 100 of a while back... I normally get 7-8 really smooth shaves out of the SS blades and wondering if I will get the same from the SC... Anyway, my very smooth shave this morning reminded me of this thread and was just wondering if you had any other thoughts to add from the original post?

I pulled out a victim of my RAD from this past week and inserted a Shark. The victim? A genuine nickel plated, fully illuminated, triangle holed, fat handled, non dated Tech. My face? Three days not shaven.

It took four passes to clean up my face, but zero burn, no nicks, and even able to do ATG under the nose. I would definitely say that this is a good combo, but best for a daily shaver, not for a 'I forgot for a week'. Maybe in a FaTip Piccolo or a Senator. I'm going to be trying a Derby in one of those next.

I bought 300 Shark SS two years ago and I'm very happy with them. I get 7 days from each blade with only small degradation in quality. 4+ more years of great shaves to go.
I shave daily using one Mühle R41, one silvertip brush and a variety of soaps and creams (MdC, TOBS, Spieck, Musgo, La Toja...)

I really enjoy using Shark SC...but recently I had a SC that must have been a bum blade. The ends of the blade were sharp like the edges and I ended up with several big bleeders...one on my earlobe that almost bled me out. Never had that happen from a DE blade. Given that Sharks are a great blade I am assuming that one blade just slipped past their quality control procedures. Anyone ever experience this sort of thing before?

Today was the 37C w/ Shark SC (6) loaded and it delivered the usual DFS without any irritation at all. Barely felt the Alum block and the Bay Rum splash felt outstanding also. I have 60+ of the Super Stainless on hand which I love but am contemplating adding a few more of the Super Chrome to the mix as well... I do have other blades that are waiting to be tested but with the Sharks shaving so well and so consistent I haven't even bothered to even pull them out of the blade box!!

Top Bottom