What's new

Shark Super Chrome Blades... Blue Dot... Chrome Dot

I recently tried a Shark Super Chrome Blade and I really liked it. Looking at the package I see it has the Chrome 'Dots' on the cover of the pack. I have seen but not tried yet the Shark Super Stainless Blades with the Red Dots but their is another Shark Super Chrome with Blue Dots on the package. What's the difference between them?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Other than the packaging, nothing at all. It's just like Feather blades with all of thier different packaging for different markets all containing the same blade.

I would think there is definitely a difference between them. Spending the money to print a different package for the same product makes zero business sense. I'm betting it is where they are manufactured, which could absolutely result in 2 different blade results.

I would think there is definitely a difference between them. Spending the money to print a different package for the same product makes zero business sense. I'm betting it is where they are manufactured, which could absolutely result in 2 different blade results.
I have both and their performance is identical.

Maybe they ran through all the packages with the chrome colored dots and when they put in the reprint order they decided to go with the blue dots as that would match with the shark and the package count on the box... This is my theory and I'm sticking to it... Wouldn't be the first time in history a company changed their packaging to confuse the consumer!!

It is possible that the blade changed at some point, but with the 35 Shark Super Chrome blade samples that I've measured, covering seven five-blade boxes purchased at three different times and measured over the course of the past four months or so, I haven't seen any difference, though maybe all of those packs came from one larger type of packaged box. Those measurements will be published in the ShaveWiki in the near future. The only blade that I've seen change so far is the Derby Extra, not that there aren't others. Before 2016, the Derby Extra thickness was around 0.100 mm, but they changed their steel thickness to around 0.091 mm after that. This change was made before the packaging was changed, so you might get older packaging with the newer thinner blades from that transition period. The newer packaging definitely comes with the newer blades.

Last edited:
Top Bottom