What's new

Shark Platinum

They have been around for a good while. I remember shaving with all 3 types of sharks during the shark week thread in july of last year. The chrome is the least sharp and the other 2 are super sharp. The sharks like to bite, I think they surpass nacets for me.

Any chance of a photo or two of the blades?
Here is one of the package :p

IMG_20190813_201910.jpg

Much like most platinum blades for me, they felt too sharp and gave me irritation.

Here is one of the package :p

View attachment 1213624

Much like most platinum blades for me, they felt too sharp and gave me irritation.
The only Shark blade I've tried is the Super Stainless. I got it as part of a sample pack. I won't buy any more of those blades as they don't work well for me. However, I've tried both Lord Platinum and Asco Platinum blades. Those work much better for me.

Then again, I find that platinum blades work very well for me. I much prefer them to regular stainless or chrome coated blades.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I like the package/ artwork but have never tried them may this thread will motivate me

Had a hand full of shaves with the Platinum. They did a good job but didn't do any miracle on my face. IMO, a "middle of the road" blade in terms of sharpness, but the shaves were quite smooth though. It's a blade worth to try.
(Disclaimer: remember the good ol' YMMV saying...)

They have been around for a good while. I remember shaving with all 3 types of sharks during the shark week thread in july of last year. The chrome is the least sharp and the other 2 are super sharp. The sharks like to bite, I think they surpass nacets for me.

+1! It is worth trying all three Shark varieties (especially during SHARK WEEK)!! :a29:

This morning I had my second shave with a Shark Platinum. The first shave felt indistinguishable from the Chrome, in other word a solid mid tier blade. The second shave was was very smooth. A third pass gave mw a BBS with no irritation. I found them on Amazon for $6.27 / 100 so I think I will stock up.

I had my 6th shave with a Shark Platinum this morning. For me it is comparable to a Gillette Silver Blue in terms of smoothness and longevity if not sharpness.

I tried this blade in nine consecutive shaves with different Razors. If you are OK with my definition of various blade shrapness as; Feather sharpness 100/100,
Rapira (Pink-Blue-Black) 20/100
Astra Super Platinum 55/100
I may say;
Shark Platinum sharpness is 45/100
I did not experienced any irritations.
I tested with different razors and had nine consecutive shaves. I can say it has a impressive longevity. Please note that I am daily shaver.

I ordered 1 Platinum ss a part of a custom sampler from the razorblade club more than a year ago. Still haven't tried it. So many blades to try. Currently more than 20 are waiting.

Top Bottom