What's new

Shark old and new or fake and real?

As the title says, I recently purchased a couple of sample packs which unfortunately had a double up on Shark Chrome and Shark Stainless Steel. When I compared the tucks there was different colouring on the packets and on the rear information.

Just wondering if this is new v old packaging (both are made in same country) or if I have stumbled on some fake Sharks.

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

Although while posting this I realised one says 2013 so it is likely old v new. Is anyone aware of any other changes in this time for Shark blades. I didn't find them to be a great shave but if the 2013 blades are different to the other pack I may need to retest.

Thank you.

I bought a sample pack of 200 that comes with 25 of several brands. Just got it in the mail today. It had feathers, Gillette Blue and a few of the more expensive brands included. One of them was Shark Stainless. I compared what mine looks like to your pictures. Mine has the blue colored shark like the upper-right picture and the green stamped back like the upper left of your back photos. Interesting that my front has red circles instead of blue or grey on the front of my packages similar to how the red circles look on the back of yours.

In other words... mine looks a little different than both of your examples. Who knows????

I bought a sample pack of 200 that comes with 25 of several brands. Just got it in the mail today. It had feathers, Gillette Blue and a few of the more expensive brands included. One of them was Shark Stainless. I compared what mine looks like to your pictures. Mine has the blue colored shark like the upper-right picture and the green stamped back like the upper left of your back photos. Interesting that my front has red circles instead of blue or grey on the front of my packages similar to how the red circles look on the back of yours.

In other words... mine looks a little different than both of your examples. Who knows????
small correction. When looking at your pictures... I didn't recognize that the "stainless" had the red circles. I didn't scroll up on my screen and was looking at your pictures of chrome blades (blue). So mine is still different in that it has the upper right front and upper left back, for the stainless variety.

Those are not fakes. The packs on the right have the back marking as Crowns do, while the left ones share it with Lord Platinum blades. Lord uses several different back markings on their packs.

Top Bottom