What's new

Shark! Hm ...

Have any of you found an appreciable difference between Shark SS and SC versions?

I have used the SS and found them acceptable. Then I bought SC but won't get to them for a little while yet; prolly around July, 2014.

Any caveats? Yes, I know how my MMV; that's a given. But input from the group is nonetheless valuable in terms of ascertaining general qualities. I mean, Feathers are sharp, gang! Who doesn't know that, huh?

So, are the Sharks two distinct breeds? That most quotable of sources, Rumor, has whispered they're the same. Also, people who like one, usually like the other. But I like both Israeli Reds and Blues and they're not identical.

The floor is open ...

I experience the stainless Shark as a bit more forgiving than the chrome Shark. Also, I seem to get more shaves from the stainless variety, but I might be hard pressed to point to data supporting that assumption. I use and highly value both. My go to blade.

I use both they are both great blades , but I think the SS provide a little bit of a smoother shave for me.

Do you use 'em in multiple axes? Are they alike across the board?

I've gotten great uniform results from my Astra Plats, US Personnas and Israeli Blues. With Zorrik, e.g., they work well in my Treet Delrin, but not in my '64 SS Flare Tip.

I know there's no Universal Magical Blade, but my, the quest! :w00t:

Have any of you found an appreciable difference between Shark SS and SC versions?

I find the Shark SS blades acceptable, but I like the Shark SC blades much better. To me they feel sharper and smoother. My opinion, however, is based on using about 3 blades of each. YMMV.

I find the Shark SS blades acceptable, but I like the Shark SC blades much better. To me they feel sharper and smoother. My opinion, however, is based on using about 3 blades of each. YMMV.

The Shark SC is a smooth blade. It doesn't quite match the Feather for sharpness that I regularly use, but I'm quite content using them in rotation with.

David

I tried the Lord Platinum, Shark SC and Shark SS for one week (six shaves) each, in that order. Razor was my Merkur HD. All three were good, but the first two were a little rough on the first shave. The Shark SS was comfortable and close from day one, and felt like it was still ready to go on strong at the end (a little moreso than the others, I speculate).

All of these were very good blades, but the Shark SS gets the nod from me.

Man, I shoulda made this a poll! And it would be leaning toward SS! And i thought for sure it would be the other way. Go figure, huh?

This reminded me to change my blade, the Shark SS are up in next in my Lord brands sampling. I am a regular user of the SC's so I am interested to see how the SS's do in comparison.

Man, I shoulda made this a poll! And it would be leaning toward SS! And i thought for sure it would be the other way. Go figure, huh?

One of the beauties of wetshaving is that you get to make up your own mind about what's best for you! If, after trying both, you think that the Shark SC is a better blade for you than the Shark SS, well, that settles it! It doesn't matter what I or anybody else says! You are the authority when it comes to what you like best! You are the Captain of your shave! :thumbup:

Well, of course you're right. We all know that and I'm having a bit of fun.

Nevertheless, something in a corner of my mind has been spurred by years of consumer indoctrination: It's chrome! It's got to be better! :laugh:

I've been wading through 500 of each, going back and forth. I find myself liking the SC slightly better, mainly because I prefer the packaging.

When it comes to the shave, I give the SC the nod for comfort and the SS the nod for longevity, but it's close enough that it could all be in my Vegetal addled imagination.

Now, for Sharks vs. Jets, you have to go watch "West Side Story".

I received some Shark blades from a fellow B&B'er, but they do not say either SS or SC. They do say made in Egypt and have two phone numbers on the back of the carrier. They actually shave quite well. Could this be a third Shark blade from the Lord factory?

Top Bottom