What's new

Shark! Hm ...

I've been wading through 500 of each, going back and forth. I find myself liking the SC slightly better, mainly because I prefer the packaging.

Most people choose smaller sampler packs than 500 of each. But then you don't do things halfway, do you? :laugh:

Do, please, check back in, won't you?

Okay, have used my first Shark SS for it's 3 shaves now. Initial impression is that these aren't as sharp or smooth as the Super Chromes for me. Seemed to be a little more tugging especially on the ATG passes. Don't know if its a difference in coatings or just my face but I definitely prefer the Super Chromes at this point. The SS remind me a whole lot of the Lord SS blades, very similar performance that makes me suspect they are the same blade. All in all still a pretty good blade though.

Okay, have used my first Shark SS for it's 3 shaves now. Initial impression is that these aren't as sharp or smooth as the Super Chromes for me. Seemed to be a little more tugging especially on the ATG passes. Don't know if its a difference in coatings or just my face but I definitely prefer the Super Chromes at this point. The SS remind me a whole lot of the Lord SS blades, very similar performance that makes me suspect they are the same blade. All in all still a pretty good blade though.

Ah! Thanks! You anticipated me; I was planning on narrowing down if SC was simply a re-brand job or its own line. Common sense tells me Sotraco/Lord can't possibly be making as many different blades as they're selling. It can't be worth it even if they have multiple plants for stamping them.

It still looks as if the SS is preferred, if not by a huge majority. I'm currently using the last SS I had and when I'm done with it, I'll crack open that carton of SC. My first "knowledgeable" side-by-side comparison.

When I'm done, I'll finally sample and compare Kai versus Feather. That's one pair I've been wanting to examine for a few months now. I found a deal on both brands in a sampler from B&B member Sam of NT Guys and he even threw in another type I must see for myself: Bluebird.

Thanks for responding! :thumbup1:

Shark stainless are emerging as my favorite from my huge sampler pack... even above the chrome.
For me the best close shave least amount of irritation, great shaves for about a week

Plan to finish up my acceptable samplers than but 100 of these

think in my 9 months experience of wet DE shaving --my best learned lesson is to try different things and it is a personal preference , to someone else they may have a better experience with the chrome..

Try them and decide for yourself...

cheers

Well, this morning I had a DFS, one pass shave that was the second from the SS I put in my 38C. i would have done another but it was plainly unnecessary. Of course, I had whipped up an unusually fine lather from my Em's Bay Rum puck. Maybe this was the reason?

Maybe I'm a sucker for branding but I prefer the chrome to the stainless. Like you said, chrome's gotta be better!

Top Bottom